PDA

View Full Version : boa noises

Lrptls
12-19-03, 07:46 AM
i'v had my female colombian red tail for 3 years now. i got her when she was already 4 feet long from a guy who didn't want her any more. I remember the first day i got her she was making some weird wheezing noises. She still makes those noises but i really dont think its a uri. plus shes been to 2 vets and they heard her make them and didn't suggest she needed any medicine. so do you think its just some weird thing she has or i need to get some meds? thanks for helping

Zoe
12-19-03, 07:56 AM
What's a URI?

When does she make the noises - when you pic her up or touch her? Then she's probably just hissing at you.
If she makes them all the time, when she's just lying there, then there is a problem. She could have an RI (be in the early stages of one). Glad to hear you took her to a few vets, but vets don't mean everything and they aren't always right.

Zoe

reverendsterlin
12-19-03, 08:48 AM
I have a male corn that does the same thing, first time I heard it we went straight to the vet, no RI. Now years later he still makes the noise and still breeds the girls like a bandit.

daver676
12-19-03, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Zoe
What's a URI?

Upper Respiratory Infection.

Lrptls
12-22-03, 08:11 AM
Reverend, do you think i should just not worry about it sence shes always been like thise? no vets have said she needed meds, just said it might be something with her nose. i was just worying it was URI because i read wheezing and stuff was a sign of URI