PDA

View Full Version : Check this guy out...

chappy
08-22-02, 04:32 PM
I got this picture from WoodLandEdge herps I was sent there because they sell crested geckos and Im looking for some anywho I asked the person for some pictures and this is my favorite one... hope nobody minds that I used there pic...

lance
08-22-02, 04:46 PM
cool looking little buggers arnt they

backdraft1320
08-22-02, 04:48 PM
too kewl

snakedude_03
08-22-02, 04:57 PM
cool.. i like them.. i wanna find some unsexed babies.. and maybe some will turn out to be girls.. quite hard now to find adult females for sale..

sparkon16
08-22-02, 05:56 PM
ohhh my god that is so cute i loves it. That colour is amazing, what colour type of crested gecko is that?

DragnDrop
08-22-02, 08:27 PM
I find they are so laid back, easy to care for, and have all the personality that you find in leopard geckos. They're also very photogenic, I have to force myself to cut the photo sessions short :)

The colour is anyone's guess - I've seen them called gold, buff, chamois and yellow. Take your pick, as far as I know, there's no real official classification on the colours yet.

These two are probably my favourite crestie photos (well, for now, never know what I'll get next time around).

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/502/321hairraisingmess-med.jpg

Remember this one from when you were a kid? ... new twist...
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/502/321sixlegs-med.jpg

sophia
08-22-02, 08:48 PM
Now that is just too adorable! How hard are these guys to keep? I just fell in love with that one in the contest and these pics just solidified it for me. So if they're not too, too fussy, we've got a show coming up next week and I just might have to try one!

Tay

DragnDrop
08-22-02, 09:07 PM
They don't need extra heat unless you keep your house ice cold - if you're comfy, they will be too. Temps ranging from 70°- 85°F is about right, at night it can go to the low 60's. Temps nearing 90°F are pushing it for them. Food is easy - they get insects and fruit. About 50% insects, and the rest is fruit and/or fruit with yogurt. Many people use fruit baby food, others make their on concoctions in the blender. If you wanted to, they could survive nicely on no bugs if you substitute strained chicken baby food for them (mixed into the fruit). I find they do like hunting, so I feed them crickets too.

Check out the Crested Gecko website by Emerson Sy, it's got good info and pictures. You'll probably find you can't wait to get your first one(s). One of these days, cresties will be just as popular as leopards - they'll give the leopards a run for their money. Leopards will be the best terrestrial geckos, and cresties the arboreals. (And then, out of the blue, R. auriculatus will overtake them all.... wanna bet?) :)

Crested Gecko website by Emerson Sy (http://www.geocities.com/crestedgecko/)

snakedude_03
08-22-02, 09:21 PM
great looking animals! got any for sale right now?

sophia
08-22-02, 10:19 PM
Thanks so much for the info and link Dragon, I love those little guys, the faces are so impressive and it sounds right up my alley, at least something in my house would eat the crickets that I buy, I know the dang fish wont!!!!

I think you're right about their burgeoning popularity though, I like them more than any I've seen yet, they're just so cute and so evil looking<G>

Tay

SilverTongue
08-23-02, 01:07 AM
OMG They are sooooo CUTE!

KaHane
08-23-02, 02:08 AM
Very nice, one of our favourite and easiest geckos to work with.

DragnDrop
08-23-02, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by sophia

I think you're right about their burgeoning popularity though, I like them more than any I've seen yet, they're just so cute and so evil looking<G>

Tay

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/502/321crestiehatching.jpg

reverendsterlin
08-23-02, 08:33 AM
Too bad I can't guarantee temps below 90 degrees (sigh)

BeHeMoTh
08-23-02, 11:59 AM
hahahahaha its a cricket on his back hahahahahaha

Nicky
08-23-02, 01:42 PM
aww there so cute

Melly18
08-23-02, 03:06 PM
:) All of these pics are great! hehe i love the first one the best though ;)

lance
08-23-02, 05:02 PM
awsome what price range do these guys run
caging req?
awsome pics folks

lance
08-23-02, 05:12 PM
oooops missed the link on the first page
any more info would be great to

oh i am such a schmuck