PDA

View Full Version : sleeping in water

McPatch
08-21-02, 01:51 AM
One of my corn snakes has slept in his water for the last 2 nights should i worry.During the day he is his usual self but at night sleeping in water.Any ideas

Nikki Gervais
08-21-02, 01:56 AM
Umm I find that my snakes sometimes soak alot when they are going to shed, however some snakes also soak readily when they have mites.

McPatch
08-21-02, 03:05 AM
No mites was just playing with him tonight checked him over pretty good.Could be a shed though.He just hasn't done it before and i've had him for almost 2 years
Thanks

Simon
08-21-02, 10:08 AM
well it might be just because of a little bath that it wants...nothing much to worry about.
The temperature might be a bit high that is why.....it's soaking....
nothing much to worry about as long as it is eating, pooping, shedding, and have access to fresh water to drink then it's alright. Don't worry

Nicky
08-22-02, 04:19 PM
he's probably getting ready to shed so u shouldn't worry that or he likes the water just to be on the safe side when he gets out check for little black thimngs if there are and there mov9ing or floating your snake may hjave mites if he does you can get rid of it with mite be gone but hes probably just shedding

BIG SCOTT
08-23-02, 02:35 PM
Sounds like a shed is coming up

McPatch
08-23-02, 04:21 PM
Ya it was a shed and a huge poop funny though never in 2 years has it done that before.Thanks all