PDA

View Full Version : What is your DREAM snake?

The DOC
12-01-03, 07:15 AM
I was helping at a zoo, a long time ago,(70's) and had the opportunity to take home a few reptiles....
The ONE and only snake the zoo personal would NOT let me bring home, was a Gray Banded King snake. I was told it was an endangered snake!
I now have a BEAUTIFUL gray banded king, SHE is awesome, BUT... I wish I could have a few others.
A Mandarian Rat
A COXI
A Leopard Rat
A tri-color hog
An indigo
A Black Milk
And last but not least, a Rough Green snake....WHO will be mine... as soon as we set up it's habitat.
(We have 7 other snakes)
Once you start, it's a addiction..

Lrptls
12-04-03, 06:54 PM
blue bci

BoAddict
12-04-03, 07:10 PM
i will be happy when i produce my own sunglows (boa)

ohh_kristina
12-04-03, 07:15 PM
a pair of Amazon Basin ETBs, with full stripes
a pair of GTPs, one key lime and one blue line
a pair of black headed pythons

I will get the first two sometime next year (hopefully)! It'll be a while before I can get some black headed pythons.. :D

Bartman
12-04-03, 07:21 PM
dont know if they exist but a pie bald thats competely white except the head

reverendsterlin
12-04-03, 07:39 PM
1:1 pair of albino GTP
1:1 pair of Coxi

Siretsap
12-04-03, 07:45 PM
Hummm, a Hypo Mojave ball python.
:-)

anacondaman
12-04-03, 07:46 PM
san fransisco garter, so beautiful!!!!

Retic chic
12-04-03, 07:50 PM
My holy grail of serpents used to be black head pythons, now that we have one I covet the boelens python, and would love to have an albino african rock python

C.m.pyrrhus
12-04-03, 07:51 PM
Bartman, actually piebalds are 'normal' w/white spacing in certain spaces and amounts. It would be possible for one to only have normal coloration on its head, but not esclusively.

<a href="http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/collection/pythons/ball/piebald_ball_python.asp">Piebalds</a>

EDIT: OK, I misunderstood the above post....

C.m.pyrrhus
12-04-03, 07:54 PM
San Fran Garters are one species I would love to have, as well as many species of pit-vipers. I cannot place one species as the "Dream" snake of my own. To many to narrow it down like that. There are many Boa constrictor species and morphs I would love to have, as well as many more crotalines, corallus, Thamnophis, Kings, etc,etc..........impossible to say just one.

~Suntiger~
12-04-03, 07:59 PM
No contest, an Eyelash Viper...or a few! :D

marisa
12-04-03, 08:03 PM
For me I would just LOVE to own a pair/trio of Olive Pythons. Coming in second, or actually more like tied with those would be a nice group of the Blonde California Kingsnakes which are a naturally occuring phase.

Marisa

Syco
12-05-03, 11:00 AM
A tri-colored hognose, I have to agree with you on that one Doc!

Brodie
12-05-03, 11:15 AM
where i volunteer we have oenpelli pythons...and yep the first time i saw em i fell in live!!! best snake ever!!

wyz
12-05-03, 11:37 AM
- Hypo-jaguar coastal carpet python
- Albino pie ball python (do they exist ?)
- Rhino rat snake

I know there's over 10 000$ of snake in that little list, but can I dream ? :)

WYZ

Soul_Reaper
12-05-03, 12:04 PM
Eyelash Viper and an Albino GTP. Hands down.

LadyHawke
12-05-03, 12:21 PM
i would love to have a tri colour hognose and an eastern indigo, in trios of course...lol

Invictus
12-05-03, 12:49 PM
I'm completely with Marisa. I came so close to getting Henry Piorun's Olive Pythons, and ***** just kept coming up, so I was never able to put a deposit down. Mark my words though, I WILL own Olives!

In the mean time, my absolute dream, and I know there will be a few of these floating around next year... is the snow boa. Call me typical, but I LOVE my BCIs... and this is, of course, the crowned jewel of BCIs. I also just want Albinos and Anery boas, not just to produce doube hets, but I just plain love the look of them.

My other dream snakes are Womas, Blackheadeds, Indigos (crossing my fingers for ya Mark!), Piebald Ball Pythons, but even moreso than a piebald, I LOVE the Axanthics. I'll have to start saving for some hets. :)

daver676
12-05-03, 12:55 PM
Not sure if it's possible, but I would LOVE a super pastel jungle ball python.

burmer
12-05-03, 02:36 PM
Eastern Indigo would be my first choice followed by an albino retic.

snakehunter
12-05-03, 02:53 PM
ALL of them!!!!!

i would settle for a pair of red phase western hognose, i have wanted one for soooooooo long, and now that i have my foot in the herpetlogical door my parents say 'no' AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! oh well after college i will get some

drewlowe
12-05-03, 03:36 PM
Emerald Tree Boa Hands down the highest on my I want List!!!!!

Emily-Fisher
12-05-03, 03:42 PM
Dumeril boa... definitely :)

TheRedDragon
12-08-03, 07:45 PM
Halloween phase ATB or a black head python. :D

mykee
12-17-03, 08:44 PM
One that could cook me dinner.

CHRISANDBOIDS14
12-17-03, 09:13 PM
My list of most wanteds are:
Angolan Pythons
Womas
Stripped Albino Dwarf Retic
Emerald Tree Boa

makeajazznoise
12-17-03, 09:16 PM
besides one that could clean my apartment (good one mykee!) I would say a GTP.