PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back!

Markus Jayne
08-18-02, 01:44 PM
Sorry...we've been extremely busy this last month. We managed to get married (in our backyard - lots of work!!!!) and go on a romantic honeymoon in the Dominican Republic. No Daytona this year! Now we are officially Markus Jayne.

In between we had 2 litters of puppies (Labrador Retrievers - both the day before our wedding) and over 100 ball python hatchlings.

First off...congratulations to Corey for producing the albino. There seems to be some debate as to whether or not we were the first and to set the record straight to the best of my knowledge, I think Corey is the first to hatch one out in Canada. Then again I could be wrong and I would never presume anything with all the other breeders actively breeding in Canada. Henry and Don could have already done so as well.

Our Albinos were produced in early July in Florida. I own the female that was sent to Greg Graziani on breeding loan. She was bred to Greg's Albino male and she proved out to be a het and produced 4.0 albino's and 0.3 hets. Technically the owner of the female is the breeder but they were hatched out in the U.S. so therefore they could not qualify as the 'first Canadian hatched albinos".

So congratulions once again Corey! I admire your passion and dedication in producing top quality animals.

I only have one question. Is that what you were expecting?

Joe
08-18-02, 02:12 PM
All Corey was saying was that it was the first albino Ball Produced "IN CANADA" im not trying to be rude But if you didn't cool and breed the animal how could you "Technically" be the breeder? in my eyes the breeder is the one that puts the work into the "breeding" of the animal, not just the owner of it.
If I bought a pair of Boelens and gave them to one of the few people ever to breed them would i technically be able to say I bred boelens, I think not. Congrats on your albinos though

Joe
08-18-02, 02:13 PM
oh and sorry, congrats on the wedding!! We hope you had a great honeymoon!!!

sSNAKESs.com
08-18-02, 03:27 PM
Mark and Jayne!! Congratulations guys!! Best wishes from sSNAKESs.com and me and my girlfriend Laurynn! :) im surey ou guys will have many happy years together!! I sure could use a vacation right about now! but i guess instead ill just have to envy your tans! LOL Congrats guys! :)

Quervo
08-19-02, 10:01 PM
Congratulations on your wedding, your puppies and your pythons.:D

jason h
08-19-02, 10:14 PM
congrats!! guys see any nice herps on your honey moon (that is if you left the hotel room? lol)

snakedude_03
08-19-02, 10:36 PM
congrats.. must have been a really great summer for u guys!! congrats again!!

Pythonian
08-20-02, 07:57 AM
Congrats guys!!

Linds
08-20-02, 03:25 PM
Congrats!! :bounce:

Cornelsworld
08-20-02, 03:33 PM
And i thought that I had a busy summer. Im going to realize soon enough when I have to pan my wedding how much work it is. Congrats on the puppies, snakes, and the wedding

KaHane
08-21-02, 03:09 AM
Congrats, Markus Jayne. We met at the last show and I must say your collection is pretty impressive. You guys seem like very nice people and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.
KaHane&Helena
GenerAsian Exotics

McPatch
08-21-02, 03:12 AM
Wish you all the best.