PDA

View Full Version : suggested lizard

sketchy4
11-25-03, 08:10 PM
what would be a good lizard to keep in a 10 gallon tank that is not very expensive? i have an extra tank and want to put it to some good. i dont want any more geckos but a lizard or skink. i really like uromastyx but i dont think there are any of em that would fit in a 10 gal!

i dont think my dad will let me have a beardie since they seem to need a large enclosure that wont fit in my room. \

so any suggestions for a new herp?

p.s. i think after xmas i will be able to afford a 20 or 30 gal tank. so if there is a herp that will fit one of those give me some suggstions about them too!

ChristinaM
11-25-03, 09:21 PM
hmmmmmm. You are kinda limited with just a 10g. What about a snake? A baby corn would be fine in a 10g for bout a yr, then the 20g would be great.

or...

some anoles....
a spider?

Uro's, and beardies are a definate no.

Brock
11-25-03, 10:29 PM
Leopard gecko, African fat tail gecko, or a pair of pictus geckos.

-Brock

reverendsterlin
11-25-03, 10:53 PM
scorps, frogs, tarantulas

CDN-Cresties
11-25-03, 11:18 PM
Get a crested gecko in a 20-30 gallon. They are super easy to care for and can tolerate handling just as good as any reptile.

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/1671Scan00021.jpg

Check my gallery for more pics.

-Steve-

sketchy4
11-26-03, 01:40 PM
i dont need anymore geckos of any kind and an invert is a DEFINATE NO. my parents would never ever let me keep something with more than 4 legs inthe house. and my dad doesnt really like snakes so those are out of my choices. would a firebelly skink or something like that work in a 20 or 30 gallon tank?

Bartman
11-26-03, 01:48 PM
My dad didnt want me to get a snake either and one day im like i really really want one so i bought a ball, and now he doesnt care at all, they just never go in my room ;) I think its better that way!

sketchy4
11-26-03, 02:06 PM
im not sure but a first he didnt want me to get another pet because my step mom wouldnt like it. but he said she wont do anything as long as i buy it myself. he told me he wouldnt let her. but ill find something i like that will work. one gecko i really liked that i saw was a flying gecko. anyone know much about these?

J-Man
11-26-03, 02:52 PM
cresteds are awesome

drewlowe
11-26-03, 03:06 PM
Flying geckos are so cool. I had a wild caught for about a week before it passed away. So after that no more wild caught for me!!!! Most flying geckos are wild caught so be leary of getting them, but they are cool geckos if you can find a captive bred one. Or barking geckos or gargoyle geckos are nice.

sketchy4
11-26-03, 04:48 PM
id really like a flying gecko. when i got my first leo from a pet store i was originally going to buy a flyer that i thought they had. the tank was on the top shelf so you couldnt see in it and i told em i wanted it. so they got the tank down and there was no flyer in it. kinda bummed me out until i found my little leo there.

sketchy4
11-26-03, 09:31 PM
so anyone know where to get a flying gecko? anyone at all?