PDA

View Full Version : the new rodent room...

C.Marshell
08-14-02, 10:33 AM
these are a couple of pics of the new rodent room that we are building,we are finally replacing the water bottles with a watering system,wich should make things alot easier...these are olny 5 of the proposed 27 racks that will be going up in the near future,and we will be selling frozen rodents by sometime in december...hope you like!

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/31292947img.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/31292946img.jpg

sophia
08-14-02, 11:22 AM
Very nice setup Chris...

Jon

sophia
08-14-02, 11:24 AM
That's awesome Chris, are those 2 by 3's and 1 by 2's you're using with kitty litter pans and rabit wire covers?

Tay

lance
08-14-02, 12:16 PM
great job chris keep up the good work

C.Marshell
08-14-02, 07:33 PM
thanks guys!..they are built with 2x4's and 1x2's with metal screening over the entire top....the large pans are for the rats and the smaller we use for the mice,i'll post more pics when it is all done.

Chris.

snakedude_03
08-14-02, 07:41 PM
wow.. very nice and orderly!

sophia
08-14-02, 07:48 PM
Ahhh, sounds like my kind of set up, that's what we're planning on doing in our laundry room.

Tay

Linds
08-14-02, 08:56 PM
Great pics! When is it all going to be complete? :)

C.Marshell
08-14-02, 10:34 PM
Linds,

We hope to be fully set up by December..we are building new racks all the time,the way these things are producing!..lol

i will keep you informed as things progress,
Thanks for your replies everyone.

Chris.

Dom
08-15-02, 06:44 AM
Awesome set up Chris .. I c'an't beleive how much room you have and how organized ..

Dom

JKS
08-18-02, 10:29 PM
Sweet set-up Chris.
Can't wait til I get a house so I can have the space to start on something like that.

sSNAKESs.com
08-18-02, 10:38 PM
out there in NewBrunswick rodents are not only bred for the snakes!! No sunday dinner would be complete without a mice or ratkabob!! LOL great setup man! :)

C.Marshell
08-19-02, 11:31 AM
YES MAN!...we have to be open to try new things!!..the lobster fishery is allready in trouble!!..so we have to be prepared!!...LOL

sSNAKESs.com
08-19-02, 08:04 PM
HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

KaHane
08-23-02, 02:45 AM
That's a very impressive setup. Hopefully in a few months we will be setting up our rodent room.

Richard Welter
08-23-02, 08:44 PM
I like the look of the rodent room. What kind of groups to you set you mice and rats in (1.6 or 2.8). And just for the hell of it how long does it take to clean and refill water and food. I use four rubbermaids for my mouse freeder and I spend almost more time with a mice then I do with my reptiles. Thanks Richard Welter:D

sophia
08-23-02, 09:17 PM
Oy Richard ditto here on the time, we use 58 quart rubbermaids for our colonies 1.3 and they constantly need cleaning. It seems we're always changing the water bottles, feeding, and cleaning shavings!

We're planning on sizing down to kitty litter pans on a rack like he has pictured here for our mice. Right now mice are all we're feeding, but within the year I'll likely have to do rats.

Tay

C.Marshell
08-30-02, 05:39 AM
Matinence really isn't all that bad..the food is kept on top and they eat through a grate..so it does not spread all through the bin,and now that we have a watering system,there is no water dishes or bottles to fill,and clean(that was a drag)and the beding stays dry..as long as you keep on top of things daily,it's ok..and the workload isn't that bad.
The olny thing ya really cant avoid is the allmost daily beding changes,i know some people would say that it is overkill to change beding daily,but it sure keeps the smell way down and the animals are probably healthier for it also.Plus I feed these guys to my snakes so im kinda picky.