PDA

View Full Version : New to BPs, need advice...

Kate
08-09-02, 11:05 AM
Hi all,
I got a BP last night. Pet shop (ugh!) said it was 4 months old (doesn't sound right to me...). Thought I did all my homework, bought 2 books, had enclosure set up and monitored temps for a week. Bought bigger mice...(only had fuzzies for my corns...)

Monday it was in shed so I put it on hold until it was done. Yesterday I picked it up and what I found was a small piece of skin still stuck to the top of it's head. It's not over the eye caps but it is right in the middle of the head. This really ticked me off that the employees didn't do anything about it because they figured it was my problem.

I'm not really that used to Balls (it's my first Ball, I have Corns) but I've heard they can get stressed easily and sometimes won't eat. I DO NOT want this to happen but I have to get that skin off there right?

My original plan was to leave it alone at least a week so it could get settled in but now what do I do?? I gently rubbed my thumb over it when I picked it up but the skin seems really stuck on. How in the heck can I soak it's head??? Lol. I added a humid hide to the enclosure but if it's still there when I get home from work I don't know what I'll do.

Oh, and last night when I went in that room for a sec it was out of it's hide wandering around the cage and it looked like it was trying to dunk it's head in the water bowl.

Can you help?

Jezabel
08-09-02, 11:09 AM
To take off the skin, you can gently rob his head with a wet towel. Usuly the skin come off this way.

Jez

Kate
08-09-02, 11:53 AM
Thanks, I'll try that. I really like my new baby and I don't want him to get too stressed out. I'm a nervous new parent!!!