PDA

View Full Version : baby bitis gabonica

snakehunter
10-26-03, 07:25 PM
could some one post a pic of a hatchling bitis g. next to say a quartrer or some thing, i think theyre the coolest, most awsomestest snakes ever.
thanx
-jacob

BTW Gregg M. hows that gaboonxpuff project comming, i am excited to see them

Gregg M
10-27-03, 11:40 AM
Hey Jacob,
The project is moving along...... Still doing the introduction thing...... I dont want my male gaboon getting biten by the female puff........ Or vice versa........ Bitis do not hatch...... They are birthed........ Bitis give live birth, they do not lay eggs........ I thought that would be some good info for you to know being that you like them so much........ They are some of the greatest snakes I have ever worked with........ So yeah, they are the most awsomestest snakes ever.......LOL :)....... I will post pics for you and everyone here when the time comes........ Hopefully thing will work out......... Thanks for asking........ Later.......

Mustangrde1
10-27-03, 12:12 PM
Gregg Put me down for 1.1 of your gabbys. And if that gabbyx rhinox puff comes out the way i think they will we need to talk.

reverendsterlin
10-27-03, 04:39 PM
baby gaby pics I don't have, wish I had kept a few for comparison since they seem to double in size weekly lol my female born July 02 is well over 700 grams lol not sure exactly I tend to put off the doing the gaby weights and measurements for some reason

snakemann87
10-27-03, 04:49 PM
I dont but I hate crosses and think its the stupidest idea ever. WHy do you do it?? Keep the animal the way god made it

ohh_kristina
10-27-03, 04:55 PM
God? Some people don't even believe in God. *cough*

I would like to see some pictures as well. I don't agree with hybridizing (for reasons that include enjoying pure bloods), but I think it's interesting when people do it.

KrokadilyanGuy3
10-27-03, 05:12 PM
Here's a pic of an 11" beast next to a 9"x 5" water bowl. Probably not what you were looking for. http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/510/1227Gaboon_Viper-med.JPG

KrokadilyanGuy3
10-27-03, 05:29 PM
And here is the same animal putting the hurt on a small adult mouse. http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/510/1227gaboon_eating-med.JPG

Bitis give live birth, they do not lay eggs

Technically being that they are ovoviparous, I hear many a people call the thin membrane an egg. Personally, true blue live births are called Viviparous.
But that's just me..

shaggybill
10-27-03, 06:55 PM
Sweet pics, Xain.

God? Some people do believe in God. *cough*

ohh_kristina
10-27-03, 07:03 PM
nice pics! They're so adorable when they're small

Originally posted by shaggybill
God? Some people do believe in God. *cough*
cute.

Gregg M
10-27-03, 08:11 PM
Well Snakemann87, You need to do alittle homework before you tell me I am doing something wrong or unnatural........ These crosses happen in the wild from time to time........ I have seen more then two handfulls of wild caught crosses........ If you dont want to take my word for it ask any importer that imports from Africa........ I am sure Ray, Scott, chuck, and a few others can back me up....... Look into a topic before you open your mouth about something you know nothing about...... :) Hey Scott, I have no problem holding a pair over for you....... I will even give you your pick of the litter.......

Mustangrde1
10-27-03, 08:19 PM
Gregg your right. Those species do cross in the wild. There is a big differance between a natural cross and a man made cross. Shall we even dare dabble in to the corn snake morphs. or perhaps the pastel boas. I cant recall a hog island boa and a redtail boa ever living in the same place except maybe a breeders tanks.

Mustangrde1
10-27-03, 08:21 PM
Gregg these will be for my wife she happens to like bitis. especially puffs . She had one spoiled so rotten it wouldnt eat unless she fed it off tongs .Go figure she has all our animals spoiled rotten. Hell even the wolf sleeps on the bed and has to have his own bottled water and TV to watch lol.

KrokadilyanGuy3
10-27-03, 09:05 PM
Thanks. I was gonna mention the same thing as Scot did with there is a difference with natural intergration and captive hybridzation even if they do cross. But everyone has there thing, and I'll leave it at that for now. Xain

althena
11-02-03, 05:58 AM
Gaboons are one of my favorite snakes. (Snakes that I could never keep though.) The pictures are *gorgeous*! Baby gaboons are too cute.

skin78
11-02-03, 11:24 AM
I really would love to own a gab. but I think my wife would leave me if I bought one lol... So I will only kep it with smaller species
and less venomous species../

great pics though