PDA

View Full Version : Why is ssnakess.com the best forum?

SerpentLust
10-26-03, 10:19 AM
SsnakesS.com is, without a doubt, the best reptile forum I have ever seen...why is that?

Jenn

CDN-Cresties
10-26-03, 10:25 AM
In my opinion, it's because of the friendly members who are willing to help anyone in a flash. Also I think the website design/layout kicks @$$.

-Steve-

snakemann87
10-26-03, 10:38 AM
All the above *except* the Jeff remark;)

Haha I'm just messin with ya Jeff

But ya ssnakess.com is a great place...theres always people willing to help......but not always a friendly place;) But hey....the world isn't and never will be perfect.

Oliverian
10-26-03, 02:55 PM
Well, I think it's that you can come on and get information from other friendly, like-minded people. It's just awesome! My other reason would be the free classifieds. I mean, come on, they're free! And you guys... seriously. Jeff, a stud? We all know it's Shane who's the hotty of the site. ;)

(Just messin guys ;)) Luv ya all! -Tammy

SerpentLust
10-26-03, 03:10 PM
No you aren't, you're right, Shane IS the hotty of the site! LOL

Jenn

Oliverian
10-26-03, 03:16 PM
Don't let Jeff hear us though. ;) Big trouble.

cpt_retic
10-26-03, 03:39 PM
This is a realy nice place , unlike bobclark forum ,they bash everyone about anything ,

Melly18
10-26-03, 03:48 PM
I like ssnakess.com because it's a friendly environment, everyone is whilling to share their experiences and give an input on our everyday questions. I also like how the site is well organized and is easy to use, unlike some other reptile forums which i won't name :p I'm glad this site has been created, i think Jeff, Laurynn and all the mods have been doing a great job at controling the obstacles that have been placed before them :) So a big Thank you to you guys :D

nuno
10-26-03, 05:10 PM
Jeff is a stud...LOL

Edwin
10-26-03, 06:08 PM
It is Canadian, plus Jeff is a studmuffin, lol.

killer Cichlidz
10-26-03, 06:13 PM
I THINK.............JUST BECAUSE.....................THE PEOPLE R GREAT, YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED AND AWSOME, INTERESTING TOPICS ALWAYS COME UP.......100% THUMBS UP TO SSNAKESS.COM!! :)

daver676
10-26-03, 06:21 PM
I think you need to add "Quality of advice" to that list. Ah screw it, I'll just vote "All of the Above".

BoidKeeper
10-26-03, 06:33 PM
The mods ban the trouble makers before they get too far. That's why this site rocks! The mods and Jeff spend a lot of time keeping this environment a pleasent one. And hey it's not easy keeping the old members happy either!
Cheers,
Trevor

SnowSnake
10-26-03, 07:04 PM
The members are great, lots of great info and free classifieds :D:D.

I've been a member of ssnakess.com for just over 1 year now and there is always new stuff and new things going on that make you want to come back over and over again :)

Tim and Julie B
10-26-03, 10:43 PM
"Go Jeffery............GO Jeffery!" HAHA!

BobbiLyn
10-27-03, 12:12 AM
I have been keeping reptiles for years now, and I must say SSNAKES.COM Is incredible. GREAT ADVICE and Great classifeids. Everyone is friendly and I am much more knowledgeable thanks to ALL of You.
Thanks ALOT

DarkHunter
10-27-03, 12:25 AM
no no no people you've got it all wrong........Its because IM here DUH! ;) hehe J/K I thinks its the fact that people will try their best to help you here and correct you when your wrong!! and that its not just about snakes and reptiles...its anything you want to share :)
~Shannon

burmer
10-27-03, 12:32 AM
All of the above without a doubt.

mykee
11-09-03, 05:23 PM
Because all of the other forums bring out the worst in me.

lizardmom
11-13-03, 11:16 AM
i lovesssSnakes cause , i was welcomed with open-loving words,,,
hmm never met jeff. jury is still out on that question..
any pics of jeff, ?,love the site and the people eh!!
lizardmom

reverendsterlin
11-13-03, 11:41 AM
I think it is great because unlike some other forums, cliques have been very slow to develop. Enough knowledgable members to answer questions, quick responses to poor advise, and heavy moderation when necessary. I've participated in forums where folks think they are the world expert and bash anyone that disagrees, where clueless folks speak up with obvious bad advise, and where newcomers aren't made to feel very welcome. Being here since the early days I have seen the occassional start of problems halted by great moderators since the site began the tremendous growth(back in the day when there were only a 100 of us here or so). The bigger we get the more folks with views towards some of what others would call extreme ends join, but I figure it isn't really that hard to figure out who's advise to listen to and whom to ignore though the newbies sometimes don't discriminate. The site is the best simply because it/we provide good information to the questions asked without the grief some other forums provide free with every log-in.

marisa
11-13-03, 11:42 AM
Because I like making fun of girls who think Shane's hot.

LMAO

Marisa

mykee
11-15-03, 06:45 PM
Reverend, that should be on the front page of this site. Good work.

SerpentLust
11-15-03, 07:01 PM
MARISA: Shane IS hot! lol You just watch, one day there will be Shane doing his usual photoshoots at the expo, then he'll have a BIIIIG line up of teenage girls all not thinking that he's older than them.

Just you wait

Jenn

marisa
11-15-03, 08:36 PM
Yeah that's the funny part.

Marisa

stevesemerko
12-09-03, 11:10 PM
Ever since I joined snakes I have met/talked to a lot of nice people. Everybody is willing to help you out in any way they can. The people on this site have a wide range of knowledge so no matter what the question you will there is always someone that will have the answer. It is just a great place to come and hang out, and learn.

Steve

mark129er
12-09-03, 11:16 PM
I would say F, not taking anything away from Jeff, I'm sure he is quite studly.

ChristinaM
12-10-03, 12:13 AM
Welllllllllllllll.
I still consider myself a noob, but....so far this has to be one of the best sites.

Generally everyone is friendly and willing to help. I've seen on occassion some questionable tones but perhaps there's more to the story than just what a noob see's.

Basically out of 10, I give it a 9. Great advice, lots of very knowledgable peeps, etc.

nguyen_inc
12-28-03, 05:02 PM
HAHAha NO ONE THINKS JEFF IS A STUD