PDA

View Full Version : Trespassing Laws

BIG SCOTT
08-01-02, 11:48 AM
I do alot of field collecting and field exploring. I occassionally will end up on someones land without permission some people don't mind but others have signs that say no trespassing and violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I find it hard to beleive that a Judge would do that when all you were doing is looking for snakes. I was just wondering if anyone has been ticketed for trespassing and what can happen as result if you are caught on someones land by cop!

Kyle Barker
08-17-02, 01:13 AM
Although i do not agree with catching to keep, i still go out ALL THE TIME to look for them. When people get grumpy (and i mean pissed) its ussually better to just walk to your car and gun it before it escaltes too far.

SilverTongue
08-17-02, 01:19 AM
LoL You LIVE in Texas what is the chance that they dont have a shotgun full of buchshot or even worse ROCKSALT! LoL Forget the cops! You will want them to come!!! This is the same state that it is still leagle to hang a man for stealing a horse LoL

reverendsterlin
08-17-02, 01:39 AM
I never go on private property without asking permission first. Here in New Mexico BLM lands are often interspersed with private lands and it can be hard to notice the change. I expect people to respect my property and I return the favor. If it is too hard to go ask permission then it is best to stay off. Judges do usually convict, last case I'm sure of the trespasser paid a $250 fine. Most people are happy to give permission when they are asked first and you explain to them what your doing.

casacrow
08-17-02, 11:56 PM
Here in Ontario if someone is on your property and they injure themselves you may be held responsible. You must tell the person either verbally or by a sign that they are not welcome on your property. Then if they injure themselves they are in no situation to sue you. All these people are doing is protecting themselves from a lawsuit. They likely do not mind you being there too much.
( The above is strictly my opionion only)
--------DONNY