PDA

View Full Version : more

lee
07-30-02, 09:58 AM
Ill definately buy the book.....thx alot Shane... One last question..You think it would be too early to add the discus at the end of the month if the tanks been running for just under a month??????
thx again...
Lee

Shane Tesser
07-30-02, 11:00 AM
As long as you have cycled it properly, with either some fish, or i use flake fish food which rots quite fast, and the water parameters are in check, i would say go for it but....start with the tank mates first. They're cheaper, rummy nose and cardinals will give you a good indication as to whether or not everything is okay. They will be vibrant in colour if they like their new home. If not, there will be very little colouration at all.

Lizzy
07-31-02, 11:55 PM
Careful with getting those fish. They often come in shipments stressed and sick. Rummys never seem to live at my store. Harlequins do very well though and are usually not expensive or hard to come by. Try starting with those!

Lizzy

Shane Tesser
08-01-02, 01:37 PM
Lizzy, i can answer the question to why your store can't keep Rummy nose.....look at that gigantic filter room that runs all of those tanks.....there lies the answer. Then look at your major competition and see why they have such success. s.t.