PDA

View Full Version : Help...When to cool down?

Dragons & Balls
09-24-03, 08:59 PM
I have 1.2 red tails and I am wondering when is the right time to start to cool them down for breeding purposes?This upcoming breeding season will be my first attempt,so any help is appreciated.

Thanx in advance!

hip
09-24-03, 09:05 PM
What type of Boa's do you have? Colombians will breed with out cooling for the most part as long a s the light cycle is right and feeding is stopped at the proper time.

Hip

Dragons & Balls
09-24-03, 09:16 PM
they are columbian boa's.
the female is 9 feet and the other female is about 6 feet.
Do u think the 6 foot one is breed able?
the male is 7 feet.
thanks

VenomAngel
09-25-03, 02:59 PM
well my pair go at it after my female sheds..y is that? i thought that the light had to be cycled

hip
09-25-03, 07:57 PM
You want a male smaller than a female so keep him with the 9' girl and try to find a male of smaller size for your 6 footer or better yet give her another year to grow.You know that one male is not enough for 2 females. One male for max duration with one female will yield fewer slugs. Some breeders pair them up for up to three months ( with excellent sucess) by removing the male for a few days and then putting him back in and so on and so on for the 3 month period.

Hip

SNAKE SAVER
10-14-03, 04:08 PM
HE JUST DIED, I DONT KNOW HOW OLD HE WAS BUT WAS IN GOOD HEATH, LAST FRIDAY ABOUT 4PM, IT COULD OF BEEN OLD AGE, HE WAS APPROX 81 INCHES LONG ABOUT 30-35 LBS ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT WENT WRONG?

SNAKE SAVER
10-14-03, 04:25 PM