PDA

View Full Version : HISS in the Hills Fall dates

Scales Zoo
09-16-03, 10:22 AM
October 3,4 and 5

These are the dates for the final fall snake count. The rattlers and bulls, along with a few garters are making their way back to the dens. Join us for a weekend of BBQ and bag lunch at the densites, and a banquet and social evening on Saturday. There is NO CHARGE for the tour, just the costs involved in getting yourself out here. We provide camping and bunkhouse style accommodations, and hotel accommodations are available at a discounted rate. We have had visitors from Alberta to Australia attend, and there are fabulous opportunities to watch and photograph these serpents in their native habitat.

To sign up, or for more info, email thesnakepeople@sasktel.net or call Ryan and Sheila at 306-628-3255

danh
09-16-03, 03:12 PM
These sound like great fun, and I'd love to go. I can't drive, however, so if anybody is going out there from the GTA for the October trip, and would like somebody to pay half the gas, give me a shout via e-mail or PM. Thanks.

dan

Scales Zoo
09-24-03, 09:03 AM
We are planning for live entertainment at the snake count on October 4th. NO, Ryan is not going to be stung by another scorpion! We expect a good find at the densites, the coler weather and rain has put them on the move again. We expect to find more bulls as well, they are slower in coming home than the rattlers.

And we have discovered the area where the hognose live, they are so hard to see, it makes you wonder how many we have passed by without knowing.

The mule deer are just coming out of velvet, we have seen a few magnificent bucks out there. And the migratory birds are on the move as well, thousands of Canada geese are in the area feeding on leftover crops. A few hundred birds in a flock can cause qiute the racket when they take flight.

The forecast is for sunshine all weekend - great herping weather!

JD@reptiles
09-27-03, 09:10 PM
HOW MANY HOGNOSE SNAKES HAVE YOU FOUND :D I MIGHT GO BACK WITH DAN, LOL

Scales Zoo
09-29-03, 02:45 PM
Hey Jordan, we have found a couple hognose, not far from one another. They are in a totally different area than the rattlers and bulls, and hard to spot, too.

Looking forward to doing some herping again soon!