PDA

View Full Version : How Horrible!!!

Nicky
07-26-02, 04:55 PM
This really makes my cry when we were herping recently some local 6 and 7 year olds came up to us and wanted to know what we had in our hands so we showed them the snakes we had caught in a bush (just acouple of garters) so when they saw they started proclaiming how evil and disgusting creatures snakes were I was outraged but just calmly explained snakes were just living creatures they diddn't seem to care about what we said so they went on about what they've done to the "so called evil snakes" "they had found once they were in a bush playing and there friend was bite by a garter they then came back with a shovel and chopped it's HEAD OFF!!"

the worst part is now there trying to find snakes in there area near there house to kill them! prople are so crule. we tried to educate them but how can we if they won't listen. i doubt human society will care if acouple garters die.:(:(:(>( stupid pppl

reverendsterlin
07-26-02, 07:06 PM
yep sometimes stupidity is bone deep. If it really bothers you And if you have several snakes you might make the rounds at your local elementary schools and offer the teachers (1-3rd grades are usually most ready to say yes) a chance to have you come in and display and talk about snakes for the class. I usually do around 30 talks a year in the local school system and have had a great time at it. It is one way to make a small difference.
Sterling

Nicky
07-26-02, 07:32 PM
ya maybe when I'm older and i have a collection to do talks on I'm olny 12,13 tommorow! but ya I will in the future for now I'm trying to educate any kids I find when I have some wild snakes.
i guess we can all do our part

BIG SCOTT
07-26-02, 08:40 PM
Chop their head off. what's one less Red Kneck!