PoiSoNouS
07-24-02, 07:44 PM
another pict

backdraft1320
07-24-02, 08:44 PM
HES AWSOME WILL HE GET MUCH BIGGER?

Dom
07-24-02, 10:13 PM
Now I am jealous.. I am a huge HUGE monitor fan .. I have always wanted a peach throat but never had the room for one .. yet...

I'd love too see more pics if you had any Mary.

Very beautfull animal..

Dom

Linds
07-24-02, 11:37 PM
He's a beauty, congrats! :)

SilverTongue
07-25-02, 12:05 AM
WOW That is amazing!!

PoiSoNouS
07-25-02, 07:04 AM
hes approx 2 feet long and WONT get bigger ! :)
hes an adult :)

dom, ill do more pict eventually, hes an hyperactive and its difficult to pose him.. lol :)

rei
07-25-02, 11:26 AM
:sun:

very very good lookin kid!

wonder_chunky
07-25-02, 04:33 PM
holy crap...i love it! i want one....are they hard to look after?
and how much are they in canadian dollars?...as a youngin? or juvy??

thanks,
Ryan

Jotun
07-25-02, 07:33 PM
OMG that is an AWESOME lizard, congrats man! take care of the beast :D

Quervo
07-25-02, 10:44 PM
What a great lookin little guy. Quite the tongue.:D

Hey Jotun .. nice avatar pic. Are you trying to be a snake and dislocate your jaw?:D

PoiSoNouS
07-26-02, 11:29 AM
they cost 300$, and they need more attention than geckos for sure.. they love water and tearing aparts their food every where... so we have to clean up everytime he will eat...

Jezabel
07-26-02, 04:06 PM
Really nice one!!! He's 2 feet witout the tail right? Awesome!!!

hydrosaurus
08-14-02, 12:07 AM
nice reptile, crappy looking setup

NiagaraReptiles
08-14-02, 07:18 AM
That's a very pretty little <i>V. jobiensis</i>. Looks like a girl to me though, but it still has a lot of growing to do. I truely hope it's not been in captivity for 5 years and still so small.

Do some research, and get it off a newspaper substrate. Bad news (no pun intended).

Check out the Captive FAQ <a href="http://www.varanus.net/" alt="Varanus.net"><font color="blue">HERE</font></a>

Best of luck with it, they are fun monitors but can be a handful.

JonK

Laurier
08-14-02, 11:46 AM
why would you hope that it hasn't been in captivity for 5 years?

ya they are awsome, always wanted to get rid of my basilisk for one. ahh well maybe one day.

laurier

NiagaraReptiles
08-14-02, 12:33 PM
Well, it's awfully small for an "adult"......even for a female. If it really has been in captivity for 5 years, it's been under inadequate husbandry. Who knows how it's been kept, and what's it's diet has consisted of?

A healthy, we maintained <i>V. jobiensis</i> should be able to attain it's full adult size in under a year of age. It's unfortunate for the animal in question.

Peach Throats are very pretty monitors, but surely not reccomended for the unexperienced varanid enthusiast. They require a lot of space, and can be very flighty and difficult to work with. There is a lot of bad publications on Monitors that surely don't help the issue any either.

JonK

PoiSoNouS
08-14-02, 01:40 PM
Dont worry the newspaper stuff was temporary...
I posed him when he just came home..
thanks for the care sheet :D

naja
09-10-02, 06:56 PM
well, if she did mean 2 feet snout to vent, that would be close to 4 feet total length, which would be about right. 2 feet total would be awfully small though, you're right! sure are beautiful, though. jobiensis has always been one of the varanids i've cinsidered myself, because of size(small size). that way i could provide lots of space to climb, and swim, and do all of the things an active, healthy monitor likes to do! is he your first monitor? i hope he is not being housed in an aquarium! if so, you should consider building him an outdoor enclosure for the summertime! this way you can at least give him plenty of space for part of the year , and you can give him a huge space , with his own trees, and little kids pool!! man, i'd even come to help you set him up, if you have no one to help!!! i live in ottawa, not too far! well, i'm getting ahead of myself i think! but, seriously, consider the outdoor pen idea, for his sake! youo obviously must remember to fence the whole pen in with adequately strong mesh, roof and all!!! ok, ok, i'll shut up now!! goodbye, and enjoy him, hes a beauty! oh, and get him a mate! we all like to have a mate!!!

hydrosaurus
09-20-02, 09:36 AM
that animal doesnt look four feet, and i almost guarentee its a female.

KaHane
09-20-02, 12:19 PM
Very nice addition, She looks healthy as can be!

rbushner
10-03-02, 01:03 PM
but JonK has it right

You need to read up, 2 foot is small and she will grow larger if kept in proper conditions

Newspaper won't cut it.

http://robert.mvd2.com/robert/enc1/ramu1.jpg

And yes I would say she too.

This female jobiensis has grown from about 18" a year ago (when I got her) to close to 3' now. I'd put her age at 2 or 3 years old, she was quite young when I got her.

Jobiensis are very active and should have large enclosures. Her enclosure is 4x6x5 and she will need bigger soon.

--Robert

.Dexter.
10-03-02, 01:14 PM
wow very nice!! :) I love both pictures!

lance
10-03-02, 08:55 PM
very nice mary