PDA

View Full Version : Red-belly day!

Jeff Hathaway
09-04-03, 09:44 PM
While getting firewood today, I found 11 adult red-bellied snakes within a single pile of wood! Definitely the greatest concentration I've ever found. I thought I might find a milk, but no luck there. They are in the area, though.

Anyone who wants to go red-belly hunting/ firewood gathering with me is welcome to come along- I'll be going regularly over the next few weeks!

Jeff Hathaway
Sciensational Sssnakes!!

danh
09-05-03, 04:03 PM
Holy sh*t, that is a lot of redbellies! As always, I'm eager for any kind of herping. Hell, I've gone out just to find red-backs!

dan

Jayson
09-05-03, 04:12 PM
Thats cool Jeff !! Thats the best part about collecting firewood in the late summer LOL. Derek and I went out last weekend and found many red bellies also, but ours were not all in one location.
We also found our second ever Northern ring neck ( Just atiny Baby)
Our first ring neck was found Just a Few weeks before while out with stewart stick and his daughter.

Jason

jay76
09-05-03, 04:27 PM
11 of them? I wish I was that lucky! All I've found so far are leopard frogs, toads and while I was working last monday, a garter snake (the 5 coons, 2 skunks and black bear aren't herps, so they don't count :))

icex19
09-05-03, 07:05 PM
Man, you're so lucky. I herp all the time, and I just see garters....Damn durham region...Got any tips? :)