PDA

View Full Version : poor snake

reptilesalonica
09-04-03, 07:48 PM
Look what some guy brought to me for treatment...
All this...from a rat UNSUPERVISED...(once more!) :(

Andy_G
09-04-03, 07:56 PM
Oh my god! I hate stupid people so much!!! Will that thing survive?

mango
09-04-03, 07:57 PM
That's horrific. Makes me want to vomit.

sapphire_moon
09-04-03, 07:58 PM
Awwwwww poor thing! Did you punch the guy? I would have! Are you going to keep it??? I would! Then if the cops came to the door asking why you "stole" it, you can show the pics and say, this guy abused his animal!

marisa
09-04-03, 07:58 PM
That's terrible.

Marisa

AymKing
09-04-03, 11:51 PM
What's it gonna take for people to learn! that is just horrible, everybody thinks rats and mice can do no harm, idiots. I had heard of people using new skin on snakes, not 100% but it's a thought. I hope he'll pull through and you'll own him, your not going to give it back are you?

Batdad
09-05-03, 02:38 AM
That is truely sad, did the guy bring it to you rigth away, it almost looks like it happened a while ago?

Bruce

BoidKeeper
09-05-03, 06:11 AM
What's it gonna take for people to learn!
Some never will! There's just no convensing some people.
Good luck with it,
Trevor

mango
09-05-03, 07:28 AM
Let us know how things are going and how it is doing. (If you don't mind) :D Oh and give me an address to the person that let that happen cuz i wanna go put my foot in him. lol

CyberGypsy
09-05-03, 08:03 AM
That's terrible :(

stkkts
09-05-03, 08:14 AM
thats painful to look at.

People are really harsh though. Maybe the person didnt know any better. Im sure most people here fed live to their first snake, simply because they didnt know better.

I get mad when you try and educate people who dont know better, and they just dont want to listen.

marisa
09-05-03, 10:11 AM
Yeah well it's time for animals to stop suffering because "someone didn't know better"

IMHO

Marisa

jay76
09-05-03, 10:25 AM
There really is no excuse for it, if they've done any research on their animal they will have stumbled across "don't feed live rats and mice" once or twice if not a lot more. MO

Invictus
09-05-03, 11:02 AM
People who feed live mice, I can somewhat understand. We had to do that with one of our Kenyans. Anyone who feeds live rats, however, does not deserve to be owning such magnificent creatures. I'm also sick to death of the "didn't know better" crap. It's simple logic: Rats are fricken nasty, and might take exception to being eaten.

Clownfishie
09-05-03, 11:34 AM
OMG, that poor snake.. that's just sickening, how could somebody be so stupid??

TheRedDragon
09-05-03, 04:12 PM
Awwww, that poor thing! :( I really hope that snake recovers, and I also hope that you punch the guy's lights out that did that!

lilyskip
09-05-03, 04:48 PM
oh god...that's awful. i got in an argument with a freezer salesman the other day who insisted that a small little rodent like a rat could never even make a dent in a snake. that attitude is disgusting. there's no excuse.

reptilesalonica
09-05-03, 05:57 PM
..."There's no excuse", right. You should see how frightened was the poor snakie (look where he has put his head) :(
Of course i almost inshault that guy but didn't do it from stupidity, he didn't knew it...*sigh*
Now the animal is in the vet with bands and ointments and all that.
He sais (vet) he is unsure if that ball will eat something. (He is very stressed, the poor animal).
His skin has not to big scars and with a heated box he will eventually go well.
~Greg~

Adria
09-07-03, 01:33 PM
tnch tnch tnch............ poor snake- will it survive?

Adria
09-07-03, 01:34 PM
oh ok good

Will
09-07-03, 01:43 PM
That's awful...

killaclown
09-07-03, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Invictus
People who feed live mice, I can somewhat understand. We had to do that with one of our Kenyans. Anyone who feeds live rats, however, does not deserve to be owning such magnificent creatures. .

Are live rats worst then mice or something? I smack my rats with a book before i feed them to my snake and it stuns them for a while , is that good?

TheRedDragon
09-07-03, 06:38 PM
Stunning is alright I suppose, but, I feel there's always the off chance that the rat could come to before the snake can get full control, and that would get ugly fast. Mice can do a ton of damage too, but, IMHO rats are nastier than mice when it comes to defending themselves.

reptilesalonica
09-09-03, 05:06 AM
Yes, mice can scratch and bite and they can draw blood for sure, we must not forget that, but a teared skin like that on the photo, surely is a rat's job.
~Greg~

annoying_alien
09-11-03, 03:46 PM
Thats the sickest thing I have seen this week. Dont give it back to the dumbA**

Linds
09-12-03, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Invictus
People who feed live mice, I can somewhat understand. We had to do that with one of our Kenyans. Anyone who feeds live rats, however, does not deserve to be owning such magnificent creatures.

I feed live rats, I take very good care of all my animals, do I not deserve to keep them? Most of mine are on f/t or f/k, however I have one BP that won't take them (hell she won't even take stunned :rolleyes: ), and when I received my adult female BCC she had been fed live prior to me (she's on to dead now though). Live feeding DOES have a place in the hobby, it should be avoided if all possible, but sometimes it cannot be...

Originally posted by reptilesalonica

He sais (vet) he is unsure if that ball will eat something. (He is very stressed, the poor animal).

He may be quite reluctant to feed, even after he is fully recovered. Its not uncommon for snakes in that situation to develop an outright fear of prey after an incident like that :(

Invictus
09-12-03, 02:21 PM
Linds - As I said in another thread (heated debate that it turned into), if it's a last resort, and you've tried everything else, of course it must be done. I was referring more to the people who don't even try to get their reptiles on dead prey. I'm sure 90% of BP enthusiasts have those that will not take dead prey, no matter what you try. It's a very big tendency of that species, and a very big reason why I don't own one.

marisa
09-12-03, 02:46 PM
I don't think it's nearly that bad at all. Most of the time BPs don't feed because of human error.

The reputation of BP'S being bad feeders is mostly UN-deserved. In reality, CB babies from good breeders eat easily FT almost always. The reason they got such a reputation is because A. they are shy and most keepers just can't understand the housing requirments being so small are actually HELPFUL to the BP and most keepers try WAY too much and end up bothering them into not eating. And because B. BP's are natural fasters. They go off food for sometimes months at a time and this causes people to think "bad feeders!" when in reality this is natural to them, just not to most snakes people are used too.

Obivuosly, like Linds BP, you can get your picky one. But IMHO its not much worse over all than any other species (aside from colubrids obivoulsy lol)

Marisa