PDA

View Full Version : Baby guppies

MartinW
09-02-03, 12:19 PM
My guppies just got babies! I took the male out and put him in his own 10 gal tank, and when I think the female is done I'll put her back with the male and leave the babies in their own tank. I have fine powder food for them. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is it important that I keep the adults and babies seperate?

Martin

marisa
09-02-03, 12:21 PM
I am no guppy expert by any means but I do have a LARGE group of guppies living outside with my turtle.....I dont remove anyone and they just breed and breed and breed! LOL.

Obviously in a tank you may have a differant situation, but my roomate bred guppies in a tank and never removed anyone. He had plants and hiding spots and soon enough he had over 100 guppies.

:D The fish experts where will know better than I though.
Marisa

chinaboy1021
09-04-03, 09:32 PM
if the babys are kept with adult fish, they will get eaten. but they breed once a month, so you'll have 100 fry in 3 months if you keep them as they are pretty hardy for fry.

Alex Dew
09-29-03, 03:27 PM
Hey

Guppys just breed like Hell, lol. I have 5 tanks and I breed guppys, mollies, sword tails, platys and some syiamese fighting fish in 3 of the tanks and I keep the nicest ones for selling and for breeding again and that not so nice ones I put in my 6ft tank (which is full of sharks, angels, and other vicious fish) and watc them get chased and eaten, lol. It seems quite harsh, but its an easy way to keep the levels down of the guppys ext.

Good Luck

Thanks

Alex