PDA

View Full Version : cage for burms

crochunter
07-23-02, 01:59 PM
Hey I need a little help I'm going to be building a new home for my burms for when they are full grown (one is about 5 and a half feet the other is around 4 feet right now). Can someone tell me around how big I should make it and what materials would be the best to use.
Thanks

SilverTongue
07-23-02, 11:30 PM
Well I dont know about the size or anything, but it is always good to give them enough room to streach out compleatly. Hope that helps

sSNAKESs.com
07-24-02, 04:21 AM
I would suggest 5wide x 4deep x 2high... and make it from Melamine.. with a sliding glass front. or 6wide x 3deep x 2high..

Linds
07-24-02, 08:37 AM
I would suggest each enclosure no smaller than 6X3X2. I wouldn't recommend making it more square (4x5) since that starts to take away from proper temp gradients and even less space for the snake to straighten out IMHO. If you have the space to go larger than 6x3 I would definietly go for it. Melamine is very heavy, but is used with much success. If you choose melamine make sure you can unassemble it if need be. Another alternative for enclsorues that size is very well sealed plywood and a frame of 2x4s. Some people in here have made some *huge* enclosures (Jason ;)) and can probably give you some great tips so I'll leave it to them.