PDA

View Full Version : feeding

Pythonian
07-21-02, 07:30 PM
Just a quick question: Are snakes like goldfish and will eat until they literally die? or do they eat until they aren't hungry anymore?

Jezabel
07-21-02, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you meen by posting this in the bp forum. You feed you ball python goldfish??? If yes, I don't think this is an apropriate diet, they should feed on rodent. If your talking about other kind of snake, I don't know.

SilverTongue
07-21-02, 08:13 PM
He means will the snake eat too much and die because it can not stop itself

Jezabel
07-21-02, 08:30 PM
Ohhhhh, if bp are like goldfish. Sorry about that, I misunderstood the question (I speak french). I read DOES bp like goldfish... My bad.

I don't think they will die but, I don't think it's good for them. In the wild, they have more exercise then in captivity and they don't feed on a regular schedul. They need to find a prey and catch them. BP are ambush predator so I don't think they can eat as much as them want in the wild. You will get the other point of view as well so, make your choice about what you think is better for them.

Linds
07-21-02, 08:44 PM
Snakes will allow themselves to be overfed given the opportunity in captivity. Now I don't know if they would eat until they are so full they would die, they would probably puke a bunch of it up before it got to that point I imagine, but I don't know of anyone that has tried, nor do I want to put any of that theory to the test. It is better to avoid overfeeding in any instance. And if in doubt, it is better to slightly underfeed than overfeed.

BoidKeeper
07-24-02, 05:14 AM
I speak french too and I new what he was saying. Besides speaking french and reading english is too different things!lol
Cheers,
Trevor
Linds is right, they have the ability to regurge a fish does not.