PDA

View Full Version : Drawings & "BluePrints"

ReneeB
07-15-02, 04:17 PM
Anyone have any they'd like to share?
I'll be scanning & posting some 'blueprints' of some I'm building..

*Come on.. we know you wanna brag*

Big Mike
07-16-02, 08:22 AM
I'd like to see some good drawings for enclosure construction. Being a drafter/designer myself, I'd like to make some drawings for enclosure ideas but I don't know very much about the construction of good snake houses.

lance
07-16-02, 10:43 AM
yeah lets see some
i might try later when i get the kids to show me how to use the scanner and post the pics
sad when a grown man has to rely on his seven year old but i guess thts why we had kids right?

ReneeB
07-16-02, 02:34 PM
One I did up today...
Don't have the lighting or heating system drawn in as it's your choice.

Cage Plan1 (http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=103)http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/175blueprintforcage1-med.jpg

sSNAKESs.com
07-16-02, 02:42 PM
I like it :) and i edited the post so the picture shows up ;)

ReneeB
07-16-02, 03:07 PM
thanks Jeff,
wasn't in the mood to play with it :)

Cornelsworld
07-16-02, 03:17 PM
How would you light something with such a small height? Would you be using heat mats or heat tape instead of lighting? Do you have a problem with the litter without having a litter dam at the front of the cage. Just a couple of observations, but overall looks like a pretty good/easy cage to build.

Big Mike
07-16-02, 03:20 PM
Nice drawings.

What material are you using? Melamene? Wood? Do you seal the joints with silicone?

ReneeB
07-16-02, 04:40 PM
Actually lighting isn't a problem as I use heat pads, which are placed on the bottom of each enclosure covered in a fabric sack, The cords fit thru the meshing on the vent. There's enough ambient light in my living room. I use plastic shoe boxes WITH tops on and a corner cut out as water pools so I don't have to worry about it spilling. As for litter/substrate spillage, the doors fit snugly inside the frame and there's ALWAYS a 1/2inch 'ridge' when the doors are opened fully. I use paper towels right now so it isn't a worry, but I'm switching to a more "eye pleasing" substrate soon.

I'm using White Pine and plywood. Yes I'm sealing the joints with silicone and using bathroom paint [cheaper then marine enamel and since I don't have high humidity herps I don't need it] to seal the wood.