PDA

View Full Version : bullfrog numbers booming?...

Nicky
08-06-03, 04:53 PM
At my cottage up north in orrilia, ontario i have noticed a large increase in bullfrog numbers, in recent years thye have seemed all most excticnt and extreamly hard to find but last weekend when me and my cousin went into the forest and near pond s to look for them we found tons we even found a large pond with about 30 small ones and about 5 big ones and one really big one! i wonder how this came around but on the other hand garter snakes have been harder to find i hope the bullfrogs don't eat them all:(

Kyle Barker
08-07-03, 12:32 AM
You want a few hundred thousand from out west? :) We can ship you all you want... kill 2 birds with one stone.

Nicky
08-07-03, 07:25 PM
lol dat would be awsome:) and will give you some of the bugs too we don't need them either specialy the misquitoes

Scott Wahlberg
08-07-03, 08:45 PM
Yea there is no shortage of them in East, Tx some nights when Rd hunting despite your best efforts you can not swerve to avoid hitting them all........Scott

LurkerAccount
08-08-03, 02:03 AM
Hey Nicky, I have a cottage in Huntsville (really close to orrilia), and I have never actually saw a bullfrog in my life, and I saw 3 this past weekend, 1 small, 1 big, 1 Huge, heh.
Maybe about the snakes cause when I was approching one in me canoe, I watched him eat a smaller frog, it was kinda neat to cause I havn't seen that before. I haven't noticed a decline in garter snakes though, however I live in Timmins(about 7 hours north of orillia).
But you never know, maybe we should bring a long a shoutgun next time we go out just to make sure we don't get overrun :D :D

Nicky
08-24-03, 10:10 PM
lol nah bulls r kool i'm pretty sure da wooping cranes and the hawks will keep them in tact lol we should bring some shootguns for the ppl around my cottage they go around chopping off garter snakes heads whenever they find some:S hopefully a bullfrog eats them

LurkerAccount
08-25-03, 03:43 PM
Yeah, you should just chuck bricks though all there windows.