PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater Aquarium Shrimp

Lizzy
07-14-02, 06:12 PM
Hello fellow fish lovers! I have been having some e-mailing chats with Shane and he was wanting to know more about the amano shrimp have in my tank. I am a novice as far as shrimp are concerned, but I have seen a few species in the store that I work in and have had fantastic luck with the ammano shrimp I have. Here is a website that I found today that will be able to give everyone a peek at these neet creatures. After browsing the sirte, I'm seriously thinking about converting my planted tank into a plant/shrimp tank. If anyone wants to get any of the species, let me know so I can try to order them through work.. They have to sell or my boss won't spend the money and order them! Not that I'm trying to bring in sales this way, but I want to be able to buy them and he won't order them for just me. Make sure you check out the fan shrimp...they're going to be my next shrimp purchase! Very cool shrimp. Enjoy!

www.shrimpcrabsandcrayfish.co.uk

Lizzy

:w

Geck-co
07-14-02, 06:26 PM
hey lizzy unrelated but what serrasalmus species can you get in @ the store?

Lizzy
07-14-02, 06:42 PM
I'm not that great with latin names...just can't get my brain around it. Are they cichlids? Could you offer more of a description?

Lizzy

:w

Geck-co
07-14-02, 06:56 PM
its one of the sub species of piranha :)

corr
07-14-02, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the link, Lizzy! I might be interested in a few Amano if the price is right... can't seem to find any of those guys anywhere.

Shane Tesser
07-14-02, 08:26 PM
Lizzy, let me know about a price when possible. I have tonnes of breeding ghost shrimp in one tank. I bought fifty of them in one purchase and they have regenerated lots of times as it has been more than a year and they or their offspring are still alive and well. If the price is right i could be pursuaded to get several dozen, this will probably also drop the price down for all of us. Ah the things i do for friends, lol. Shane.

Shane Tesser
07-14-02, 08:57 PM
Lizzy, do you guys have any in the store. Let me know, ill pop by sometime in the week. Im working afternoons, so it will be convient, cool if your there to...you work during the day right....probably, im sure im one of the only sick people that has to work shifts, lol.

backdraft1320
07-14-02, 09:18 PM
watch that shifty guy lol
if I known you had ghost shrimp ill come up on vacation my turtle loves them:flick: just bought 10 today and they where gone in five mins.

Shane Tesser
07-14-02, 10:39 PM
Dave, you should just breed them, you just need a small tank, about ten gallons or more if you have the space, jam it full with the little critters, a heater, a sponge filter with an air stone and just give them flake fish food. They multiply like mad. They grow pretty quick to. I find them better than brine personally, this way i dont have to try to wash salt off of stuff i can hardly see, lol.

Geck-co
07-14-02, 11:48 PM
wh0rd raising your own feeders is fun... i tried doing it with some rosey red minnows but I couldnt keep them long enough my baby RB's where eating them up like mad....

Canadaherp
07-15-02, 12:17 AM
WOW! i LOVE crabs! but your in the UK? and im in Canada?

Shane Tesser
07-15-02, 09:55 AM
not exactly, we are all Canadian except for Back Draft who hails from the same home as the Soprano family.