PDA

View Full Version : Our new albinos just shed

Markus Jayne
07-14-02, 06:46 AM
Just an update on the post below.

These are the 2 little guys we ended up picking out of the 4 albinos that were hatched. Greg Graziani has the other 2.

We ended up with a total of 4.0 albino males and 0.3 het females. All 3 females are ours as well. I can't take my eyes off these guys. We never thought we would be so fortunate as to produce albinos in our first year. It's very exciting!!!!

http://ballpython.ca/Web%20Shots/Albinos/AM023-300.jpg

I like the extended orange on the head of this male.

http://ballpython.ca/Web%20Shots/Albinos/AM024-300.jpg

This guy has a lot of white and should prove to be high contrast.

Hope you enjoy!:2yellow:

Linds
07-14-02, 07:26 AM
Congrats!

Grant vg
07-14-02, 09:37 AM
Wow Mark!

Those are some beautiful animals!
Congrats on snagging the females too!

sSNAKESs.com
07-14-02, 10:06 AM
WOW!!!!! VERY VERY nice mark!!! congratulations!!! :)

Dom
07-14-02, 07:18 PM
congrads.. u are one lucky one!

Those two snakes look amazing..

albino
07-14-02, 08:15 PM
realy nice snakes i hope to produce some my self this year from my het to het breding eggs are in the incubator as we speak

Jotun
07-14-02, 08:40 PM
one day when i'm outta college and i've settled down, i'll be able to do some breeding on my own. I hope to start with colubrids and work myself up! I also hope I have as much success as sir Markus and all the other breeders :D

AzR@k
07-14-02, 09:25 PM
nice looking guys!

Canadaherp
07-14-02, 10:35 PM
Tell ya what! i'll give you 50$ a piece? Deal? LOL nice snakes!

CornBall
07-14-02, 10:41 PM
Just Gorgeous Mark, I can't wait to have an albino myself..
I'll up the anty to 75$
LOL

-Ryan

Canadaherp
07-14-02, 10:45 PM
Upping to 75.01$!

CMR
07-15-02, 04:33 PM
REAL NICE... Congratulations!!!

JKS
07-17-02, 12:20 AM
Simply beautiful!
You guys are doing an awesome job.
Keep it up.

Big Mike
07-17-02, 08:29 AM
Nice :)

Laurier
07-17-02, 10:30 AM
those are some nice looking albinos

Laurier

Nicky
07-17-02, 09:09 PM
WOW NICE!! just give me a sec to find my eyes they poped out somewhere when I saw ur pic lol lol

honduranfreekk
11-27-02, 10:31 AM
Now those are some of the nicest i have seen great job

Clownfishie
11-27-02, 11:59 AM
Absolutely beautiful Mark :) You're one lucky guy!

Lisa
11-27-02, 12:55 PM
Great looking albinos.

snakedude_03
11-27-02, 03:53 PM
wow.. congrats!!

J.J.
11-27-02, 04:10 PM
i'll up the price to $75.02! what gorgeous snakes!!!!!! omg, they are soo pretty!*drools all over* :D

Tim_Cranwill
11-27-02, 04:34 PM
Man, those are so nice. Keep them coming, Mark!

royal
12-19-02, 02:56 AM
I agree great looking albinos.

Laurier.. is that your car? Nice.

Corey Woods
12-19-02, 06:20 AM
If people are going to keep bringing up this thread then the original info should be changed to reflect what really happend.

Corey

Markus Jayne
12-19-02, 03:13 PM
I'm curious to know Corey...what REALLY happened?

Corey Woods
12-19-02, 06:54 PM
The way the original post was writen misleads the public into thinking you produced those animals........maybe that wasn't the intent????

Corey

Markus Jayne
12-20-02, 07:17 AM
Corey, you never cease to amaze me. You are implying that I have misled people. That I consider slander.

Are you so bent at being the biggest and best and first at everything. I never once stated I was the first and quite frankly don't care to be. All the details of these albinos are listed on my website and never once did I lead anyone to think that these albinos were hatched here.

You on the otherhand greatly mislead people into thinking that you purchased your albino from Greg Graziani rather than me.

And if you are questioning my ability to breed ball pythons you are barking up the wrong tree my friend. I do it and I do it well. Get over it!

Corey, this is not a race. It is not a competition. No one cares except you. The goal is to do whatever you choose to do in life well. I've managed to raise 4 children, own a house, travel a little get a good job and marry the girl of my dreams. For this I am proud and feel they are my true accomplishments.

I am 45 years old and have a lot of living under my belt, but the best is yet to come.

By the way you weren't the first to produce an albino in Canada. A guy out west did it 2 weeks before you. He just doesn't like to blow his horn!

Corey, I have always complimented you on work and have always acknowledged your accomplishments. You do good work. Isn't it forseeable to you that there are others that do as well?

Merry Christmas!

Here is the original post dated 6/30/02 at 5:28 am.

It absolutely amazes me how things work out.

Let me start from the beginning. Last year a guy in the US was selling an Albino male and a group of mature hets and possible hets. We couldn't afford the Albino and het females, so I asked if he'd split the group up. To make a long story short we ended up with 2 male hets and 2 female 66% possible het females.

Greg Graziani and I work very close together on projects and I was going to have him take delivery and arrange for shipping. When he picked them up in Florida, he was amazed at the size of one of the females and suggested that I leave them down there on breeding loan and breed them to his Albino male.

It was a win, win situation. Best case scenario...albino's. Worst case...100% hets. How could I loose?

After the breeding season, the bigger of the 2 females laid 8 good eggs of which one went bad, leaving us with 7.

I can't tell you enough how excited I was in anticipation of the eggs hatching.

Well today was the day and the whole deal paid off. Greg and I produced our first Albino's!!! 4 albinos and 3 hets.

Here's the thing. Many people think that we do this for the money. It's not.

We do it for moments like this!

More pics to come!

Corey Woods
12-20-02, 04:45 PM
I'm not questioning your ability to produce ball pythons. For this being your first year you actually did quite well! All I ask is that everyone honestly represent their animals to the best of their ability. The way this post was written, IMHO, leads people to believe you produced the ablinos. Such statements as the ones below can be missleading:

"We ended up with a total of 4.0 albino males and 0.3 het females."

"We never thought we would be so fortunate as to produce albinos in our first year"

Personally I don't really care.......I'm not trying to pick a fight here......and if it were anyone else I'd do the same thing

As for the albino I purchased I paid you for him but the animal was produced by Greg. As previously stated I always give the breeder who PRODUCED the animal credit for the hard work they put into producing the animal. I have since sold that albino male so you don't have to worry about that aspect of things anymore.

The albino male I produced hatched out on August 8th 2002. I'm not sure when the guy out West produced his but I believe it was after that from what Henry Piorin told me in person in Calgary. I have a lot of credit to my name so whether or not I produced the first albino doesn't really matter all that much to me......I still produced one and that's all that matters.

I'm 23 years old and still living at home...........but why are we talking about this anyways??????

Corey
P.S. It has yet to be proven that offspring from large females will grow up to be large females themselves. To the best of my knowledge it has not been proven and quite frankly I don't think it is genetically linking to the degree that you are telling people.

sSNAKESs.com
12-20-02, 04:56 PM
Im my honest opinion i was always under the assumption that the albino ball was bred in the USA and that Mark aquired some of the babies from Greg because they bred on a breeding lone with one of marks animals?? I could be way off of what really happened but without reviewing this thread this is what i have always believed happened??

mike7034
12-20-02, 07:18 PM
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linds
12-20-02, 08:00 PM
I haven't viewed anything that Mark has posted on his lil yellow kids or their history to be misleading in the least. I've always understood that it was his female that produced while on a loan at Greg's, which obviously entitles him to a percentage of the offspring. On the other hand I had no idea that the albino Corey had was purchased from Mark. I've always been under the impression it was purchased directly from Greg. Regardless, I think everyone is tired to death of this issue - if you can even call it that- being resurrected. I think it would be nice if Mark could post a pic of his lil yellow snakies without this happening just once...