PDA

View Full Version : I think I need to her get a blankie!

ReneeB
07-13-02, 08:45 AM
Anytime she eats [when not heavy with eggs] she does this..
http://www.cyberbeach.net/~renee/herpsite/Snakes/ameleatingonmyhand.jpg

It sometimes hurts abit as my fingers end up going PURPLE with the blood that gets trapped in them..

Simon
07-13-02, 02:18 PM
Nice pic!
Well at least she trusts you and she is willing to eat on your hand. Some will never do that.

Imagine a python doing that to your hand, it'll hurt even more....hahahah

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Jotun
07-13-02, 02:54 PM
man think if that was a 10 footer burmese... YEEWOUCH!

ReneeB
07-13-02, 05:03 PM
which is one of hte many reasons I don't want anything bigger that a Ball Python!.. I like my 'little' snakes

sSNAKESs.com
07-14-02, 10:14 AM
WOW!!!! Very nice pic Renee!!! :)

Dom
07-14-02, 07:15 PM
nice pic .. Did he atctually stirke and eat the rat while being non your hands or did u pic him up off the floor after he ate?

Simon ..

My rock python does that all the time! I feed him on the floor or in a bin, then if I have to move him she gets so frustrated taht constricts my hand holding her and virtually cut ff all circulation,, Its getting harder to remove as she is getin' huge! (7+ feet .. close to the 10 pounds).. I still love her! Although, I can garantee as soon as she has the ability to kill me she will with my first mistake I do.

Hence the reson y u should not buy a large boidd thats nasty!

although, theres no adrenaline rush like gettin' constricted by a big boid..

Take care
Dom

Jotun
07-14-02, 08:42 PM
you are a braver man that I Doms :p

Simon
07-15-02, 12:29 AM
LOL
that is why I said trying to do that with a python isn't going to be fun at all. hahahah

Wait til my salmon boas and ball pythons becomes an adult.....they're going to be big and if they did that to me....well bye bye hand...hahah

the boas can reach up to 10 feet or more with no problem at all...hahahahah

ReneeB
07-15-02, 05:32 AM
Yes Dom, She needs someone to "hold her hand" LOL.. She'll coil up on my hand.. then if I've got the rat in the other she'll snag it and throw a coil or two around it and still hold my hand.. she's weird..

Nicky
07-16-02, 03:08 PM
I use a blanket when I hand feed my snake or else when she stricks at it it explodes all over my hands gross! I would put a blanket over your hand befor you feed so you don't get blood and guts alll over you

ReneeB
07-16-02, 04:23 PM
I'm not worried about blood and guts.. what worries me is her snagging my hand because my body temp is ALOT warmer than the rat!

She's done it twice and got the webbing btwn my thumb and forefinger. OUCH!!!

Nicky
07-17-02, 09:13 PM
well mines still small so it dosn't bother me and I'll stop when shes older maybe you could get those special gloves the work ones thick made of leather? that should help

reverendsterlin
07-26-02, 12:57 PM
forget a burm my little argentine at 7 ft would be too much for me lol
Sterling