PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have pictures of your reptiles at work/school?

Lisa
07-29-03, 03:28 PM
Like the topic says, how many of you have pictures of your reptiles at work/school?

I have my cubical plastered with them and my desk top background is a picture of one of my snakes. I also have a picture of katey and my late dog Lexx.

drewlowe
07-29-03, 03:43 PM
ya i rotate pictures on my desktop of my herps and i downloaded a screen saver of different herps that rotate through. plus i have a picture frame with a pic of my 2 beardies in it. People at work at times think i'm nuts, and they ask weird questions all the time. I don't care though they can have pictures of their kids, dogs and cats i think i'm allowed to have pics of my "kids" also.

Lisa
07-29-03, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by drewlowe
People at work at times think i'm nuts, and they ask weird questions all the time.

Lol did they give you a nick name? I have been dubbed "The Snake Lady" at my work.

Invictus
07-29-03, 06:45 PM
Well, I'm known as either Jesus (as many have been keen to point out even here) or "That Scary Guy", so the plethora of pics I have of my snakes doesn't really surprise anyone at work. I also have pictures of my kids rotating on my desktop.. I have a program that changes the wallpaper every X minutes. It's wonderful when genuinely curious people ask me questions about the snakes, their habits/temperament, husbandry, feeding, etc. I just love talking about them. :)

BoidKeeper
07-29-03, 08:42 PM
Since I'm a teacher I guess the pics of me doing school shows are both pics of me with herps at school and a work!
Cheers,
Trevor

lilyskip
07-30-03, 06:26 AM
I haven't printed out any pics yet from my digital camera, but I drew one in chalk and taped it to the end of my desk so it hangs off of it. I teach 6th grade kids this summer, and most of them think snakes are "gross" or "scary" or that they can eat you...I think its so important that they are exposed to responsible reptile ownership whenever possible.

Emily-Fisher
07-30-03, 06:33 AM
I cover my locker with pictures of my herps in the inside every year :) It's great fun :)

LISA127
07-30-03, 07:51 AM
I'm the latchkey director at our local elementary school. I have herp pictures all over my lockers where I hold latchkey. The kids really love the pictures. The head custodian, however, keeps threatening to "accidentally" rip the snake picures while he's cleaning at night!

BoidKeeper
07-30-03, 07:57 AM
For a while I had 4 Beardies and a corn snake in my classroom, does keeping herps at work count too?
Cheers,
Trevor

jncoclub
07-30-03, 09:04 AM
I have an old picture of 2 of my snakes at work. People keep givng me "are you nuts?" faces. I keep telling them that the more educated you become about them the less scarey they are, and that each snake really does have their own little personality. They usually just roll their eyes and walk away. Oh well, not my problem.

drewlowe
07-31-03, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Lisa
Lol did they give you a nick name? I have been dubbed "The Snake Lady" at my work.

Yes i have been called the "lizard lady" at one of my old jobs. and some people call me the "reptile lady" i like the expresion and the repeditive phrase i get from people when i tell them i keep reptiles "are you nuts!!!"

fateamber
07-31-03, 02:32 PM
Names like snake lady and lizard lady aren't that bad, someone at my school calls me "crazy snake lady" it gets annoying after a while! I don't have a camera so i don't have any pics of my snakes but i do have pics of other peoples snakes on my planner diary thing, but now i'll have to get new ones for next year!

Lisa
08-04-03, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BoidKeeper
For a while I had 4 Beardies and a corn snake in my classroom, does keeping herps at work count too?
Cheers,
Trevor

You're lucky, I wish i could bring in a snake or two to work. people would freak though...