PDA

View Full Version : crazy shed

Pythonian
07-12-02, 12:02 AM
Hey all , My ball Python, and Corn snake went into shed at the very same time. they're eyes went opaque on the same day and everything (weird huh?) anyway, this was about 1 and a half weeks ago, and my python shed her skin about 3 days ago, and vertigo isn't showing any signs of shedding, I upped the humidity i mist the cage and him, i put in some rocks for him to rub on, all he does is lay under the aspen and not move at all.. Why is he doing this?

Simon
07-12-02, 02:06 AM
This is very normal. Some take more time to get ready to shed their skin off than others. Espeically if they have age difference between one another. Don't worry, just keep the humidity level a bit higher than usual (around 50s-60s) then it's going to shed very soon.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Pythonian
07-12-02, 11:08 AM
ironically he shed last night... but in the middle of his shed skin i found a whole load of wet fecal matter!!!! , is this bad? or could it have just come out with his skin? or what? :(

Simon
07-12-02, 02:52 PM
Hahaha,
this isn't much of a matter. It just couldn't hold back what it had inside and had to let go during the process of shedding it's skin. Hey, if you come to think of it, it's just a good thing to you. You don't have to scope the poop up, since it's all wrapped up already.

Don't worry too much.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Nicky
07-12-02, 03:25 PM
Just like simon said He pooped while he was shedding thats all.

Nicky
07-12-02, 03:37 PM
I guess she put it in a special bag for you.what a very clean and polite snake lol

Pythonian
07-12-02, 04:06 PM
lol well Vertigo is usually so mean to me, he never bites me , only when i go to put him back in his house after feeding, but that is understandable. But like, whenever i handle him he ALWAYS tries to run away, Kali (my python) is so good compared to him! she hangs out and just crawls all over me... but he is such a little brat ;) I am surprised he did something this nice for me ;) lol

Jotun
07-12-02, 06:28 PM
lmao! Self Produced Snakie Doo Bags, the new revolution in pet products :D

Pythonian
07-12-02, 08:17 PM
lol finally i am a trendsetter!!!! Yessss me and vertigo . We are trendsetters ;)

reverendsterlin
07-26-02, 01:13 PM
packaged poop, whats next
Sterling

gunnerslakeshor
07-26-02, 10:39 PM
Hey Pythonian
Bolth my albino kings m/f went into shed the same day eyes cleared the same day all we need now is a photo finish to see who looses there skin first. ( sorry no snake formed sausages today ) lol. It is kinda odd though.
Phil