PDA

View Full Version : black spots on it's belly

mosammy121
07-11-02, 11:29 AM
let me start from the top as brief as i can make it,i while back my bp (new at the time)got burned by a defective heat PAD(not rock)and he suffered some really bad burns so i took it to the vet and got him some antibiotics and burn gel along with a big dose of IV.it's been a few months (like 4)and he is all healed up except the very tip of the tail.Now his belly isn't that nice off white/white color as my other bp,it has a bunch of black blotchy specks & spots where he was burned,do you think this will clear up?or is this some kind of infection?

i'm pretty sure you guy's never been through this but any opinions or advive will be much appreciated.

sam

Darren Hamill
07-11-02, 11:43 AM
Sam,

To be honest with you pics of the spots would help. Most likely these spots are just scars left from the burn but there could be a small infection where there burns once were.

If you are still not sure I would recoment simply goig to Shopers Drug Mart and purchasing a liquid Betadine solution and bathing you're Ball in a 1 oz of liquid Betadine to 1 gallon of tepid (room temp) water solution. Do this once a day for 7 days. (30 minutes a bath) This will clear up most infections that may be left over and will also make you're Ball passes a shed sooner allowing you to see how his progress is coming along.

Let us know how you make out but again, a pic would help us out the best.

mosammy121
07-11-02, 01:36 PM
thanx for the info:)
a pic will be tricky cos,well i don't have a camera:rolleyes:
but i will use your advice i didn't even know they sold something like that(newbie):p

thanks again.