PDA

View Full Version : Gila´s

Brian Petersen
07-11-02, 09:23 AM
Is anybody working with these little critters and would share some info and pics. Thanks

Kind regards

Brian
Denmark

Dom
07-11-02, 05:35 PM
I work with them but do not own one! yet - lol yeah right!

I just fed ours today actually .. He is about 14 inches long and a orangy/beige on black ..

Fairly well tamed - does not show any signs of agression what-so-ever. I have not free handled him yet but i am actually going to this week .. wich should be quite an adrenaline rush! I've got some if his shed skin in my pocket right now! i stole it while he was shedding...

Lol.. I took some of it while I was feeding him today! He ate 4 fuzzies for me today in front of the public. Ours has a great feeding response but u must keep the rat in a ten centimer radius from his mouth or else he won't go for it .. He grabs it .. "evenamates' (sp) it by chewing a bit and swallows it down .. kinda like a monitor eating..

In my opinion, there like a small monitor .. but with a bite that can kill .. although theres what .. 8 ppl in the past 100 years that have died from gilla monsters .. I mean u really need to to tick them off .. they ussually will endure a lot of beating before actualy showing true signs of agression...

As for pics .. maybey some day although I don't own a digital camera!!!

If u have any questions feel free to ask .. I don't know to much about them but I have work with one for a the past years..

Take care
Dom

Brian Petersen
07-12-02, 03:11 AM
Thanks Dom!

It´s because i´m thinking of getting one at the next expo here i Europe, but just wanted to hear some more about them, besides all the reading i have done......But again Thanks!

Kind regards

Brian
Denmark

Dom
07-12-02, 06:30 AM
If it was legal - i'd defenetly get one ..

Probably one of the oly venemous animal I'd get .. although It will never happen..

Post some pics if ever u get one.

Dom

Brian Petersen
07-12-02, 08:24 AM
You bet i will.....;)

Kind regards

Brian
Denmark

sungazer
07-13-02, 02:17 PM
pick up the new issue of reptile magazine the have a great artical on gila montars also the whole issue is about venomous reptiles

jason h
07-13-02, 06:06 PM
don patterson here in canada(B.C.) has a breeding project on the go for gilas :D

backdraft1320
07-14-02, 12:07 AM
FYI I sent in a gila avatar, now available if anyones interested....