PDA

View Full Version : Bad feeder day!

TardGirl
07-24-03, 02:12 PM
Today i was cleaning out my mouse cage and this one little brown hopper mouse jumped out of the cage and ran under my bed. Well i looked under there and he was gone, to make a very long time short it took me 4 hours to find that stupid little mouse. He was in my one rollerblade safe as could be. then after it was all over it took me 2 hours just to put everthing back in order cause i had to move everything in my bedroom looking for that little mouse:mad: Then to top things off i went and bought a rat for my one snake yesterday and he did not want it so i put the rat in a cage and i was going to offer it to the snake again today, Well to my suprise it had 8 babies over night, I guess the rat new she was going to be food :) i hate days like this when nothing seems to be going right.:(

Oliverian
07-24-03, 02:32 PM
Rat babies are a bad thing? I would have thought that would be good. :) Good thing you caught the mouse before it like.. ate all your cheese. ;)

CDN-Cresties
07-24-03, 02:42 PM
That could be annoying but at least you found the mouse, rat pups just means more food for you snake. :)

-Steve-

Linds
07-24-03, 05:35 PM
LOL I'd rather have a day like that than my bad feeder days! I have mice breeding in the walls of my house thanks to someone letting my dog in the basement where the rack is when I wasn't home. Came home to finding about 30 massacred and a bunch missing. I think there may be a few rats on the loose as well :rolleyes: Just be glad you found him!! It could've been a lot worse!

RaVeNo888o
07-24-03, 05:55 PM
i think that the little brown mouse deserves to live lol...that awesome about the rat though..is it wrong to breed some of them if they are the same litter?

unknownclown
07-26-03, 01:25 AM
Personally Id do it since they arent going to be pets and are just for food purposes. Im not sure I could be wrong but inbreeding doesnt realy have that bad of effects till you get into like the third generation.

With Rabbits they say its ok to do as long as its not brother to sister but parent to child. I could pretend, but in all honesty I dont have a clue if this is the case with rats.

enso
07-26-03, 01:31 AM
What kind of dog was it linds?

lordkovacs
07-28-03, 02:51 PM
I think my 5 month old Irian Jaya CP would love your rat babies.

Lisa
07-31-03, 08:41 PM
I'd switch to dead food so you don't have to go to the store every time you need a prey item.