PDA

View Full Version : cory's in mixed groups? and other junk

XxRachxX
07-20-03, 06:13 PM
hi again:D
at the moment i have 2 cories, an albino bronze and a peppered.
i read that they like to live in groups, but my two dont really stick together at all! if i got maybe two more would they form a little group? id like a variety of the little dudes, so if i got two different species would they still group together? or is it the fact that they look different driving them apart?? (aaaw)
the peppered is quite "quiet" and likes to hide but the albino is always swimming around in the open having fishy fun!! would another peppered or two keep him happy??

plus..... im wetting myself with excitement!!! i worked out on the fishy calculator that i can have 40" of fish!!!!!!! instead of 18" after ages using the "coldwater fish" option...... doh!! silly me:rolleyes:
i was wondering why i could only have so little fish in that big of a tank!
++ my dad wants us to have a large tank in the lounge:) oh yes! im making plans:) maybe an african cichlid tank? to be honest i dont think my mother approves... damn her!! :D
+++ we bought two new koi home from our holiday in wales:) i picked out a luurvley orange and white black flecked one (cant remember the name damnit!) and we got a little (for now) brown chagoi who is now named harry:)
++++ were building a wilflife pond/s!! on two levels a small pond feeding a larger pond with a stream!

sorry.... ive babbled on for ages...but its all looking up in my little aquatic world!!

Youkai
07-20-03, 07:08 PM
Cory cats school - with their own species. If you want them to school, swim in groups midwater, and do other cory things, they need large groups of their own species.

Never use 'inches of fish' as a guideline. :) Some small fish need lots and lots of space, or are too assertive, or whatever. It depends more on individual fish than anything else. 1" of neon tetra is MUCH different than 1" of oscar. Or even gouramis, or loaches, or anything for that matter.
Also, even if you do go by 'inch of fish per gallon' type rules, remember, it's how many gallons of water there are, not how many gallons the tank holds...

Basically...just be observant, and cater to the fish. ;)

XxRachxX
07-20-03, 08:27 PM
even if its a small group.. say 4 would they still group together?

btw- how big is a large group?? (not that i intend to get a large group!! :D)

the inches thing is a very good point!!
but according to my calculations.. i can still have more fish :) especially since the recent suicide of bob the fish... and the mysterious....death of delilah.. and delia..... his girlfriends....