PDA

View Full Version : would this work?

Bencb3
07-20-03, 12:20 AM
ive gone out herping(sorta) for some time now, and ive come across a few snakes, and well, ive almost been bitten a few times cuz ive had to distract the snake and hold him up by its tail(i kno it isnt the best thing to do) and i decided to go to this store, they didnt have any thing but this weird pole thing, and it was only like 5 bucks american so i bought it, can it work?

Invictus
07-20-03, 12:23 AM
Might work, but is the tip rounded off? If it's got a sharp metal edge, you probably shouldn't use it for field herping..

Bencb3
07-20-03, 12:25 AM
na its rounded, it looks distorted in the pic, i had to use a scanner...i noticed its bent the other way than a normal type thing also, what are they called anyways?

snakehunter
07-20-03, 04:52 PM
they are called snake hooks, you can buy them from a # of places. try www.tongs.com, or www.bigappleherp.com (bought my tongs from here good stuff).

PS if i were you i would make my own hook, if you would like personal message, and i will send you some pics of mine (home made), and they only cost me about $5 to make
-jacob

reptiledude21
07-20-03, 04:58 PM
i would just leave the snakes alone and if u are gonna catch them as long as the arent poisonous why worry besides the pain.

snakehunter
07-20-03, 06:36 PM
i use my tongs, and hooks for pinning heads, and obtaining out of reach herps. plus it also makes a good weapon for those dogs that try to bite me in some places i go.