PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Show's

Shane Tesser
07-08-02, 11:23 AM
Hi all. Are any of you aware of any up coming shows, preferably in the Ontario region. I haven't been to any in a long time and i am getting itchy. Let me know if you have any info. Thanks, s.t.

Geck-co
07-08-02, 11:48 AM
fish shows? never knew they had em..... isnt that stressfull on the fish?

Shane Tesser
07-08-02, 12:02 PM
Yeah, Adam, i guess i never really thought of it that way. There is however lots of shows. There is even auctions were you can go and buy in bulk. As for the stress....i guess its not worse than plucking them out of their native waters and putting them on a plane, lol. The shows usually have a couple of good displays, some stuff for sale etc. Just like the snake shows. There is also usually guest speakers, and most of them will blow you away with what they know. If any one knows of any, ill take you. Im sure you will enjoy it.:)

corr
07-08-02, 03:34 PM
No, I don't know of any shows... only ever been to local auctions. Shane, are you a member of your local aquarium society? Prolly the best place to find out.

Geck-co
07-08-02, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Shane Tesser
As for the stress....i guess its not worse than plucking them out of their native waters and putting them on a plane, lol.

ya but that happens once they get taken away.. put in a store then moved to thier new home.. with a show they would be moving from the plane ->store (or private breeder/showster?) -> the various shows back and forth -> to your home....

seems like alota stress... i know fish are not as great at being moved around as snakes and what not... interesting still.. i would love to go n check one out keep me posted on when/where ;)

K-DOG
07-08-02, 05:51 PM
You should check out the one in october, During Octoberfest in Kitchener/Waterloo I have been with Lizzy, It was the best show and sale I have been to. You could ask her she goes to a lot of shows.

Thanks

Lizzy
07-10-02, 09:00 PM
Check the CAOAC (Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs) website...www.caoac.on.ca

There's a button to click to see any upcoming events. I think Hamiltonis having one in the fall...not sure though. They always seem to e-mail me about it a few weeks before, so I'll let you know.

Lizzy

Shane Tesser
07-10-02, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys.....I will check out the site lizzy, thank you. No Corr im not a member of anything. Between the site, my collection, work, restoring a car and trying to spend time with the girlfriend its nearly impossible to join anything. I consider you guys a club....what should we call ourselves...??????:thumbsup: :confused: :eek: :)