PDA

View Full Version : herping in my state

Bencb3
07-03-03, 09:15 PM
i live in a mix between rural and urban, and there is no wild life, wait there was a water moccosin near my house once and there is a live rabbit down the road, so i was wondering where can i look? i cant go far cuz i only ride my bike cuz im not old enough to drive, and all the woods are like parks and the people tend to scare off the snakes(thats a good thing right?) so i was thinking, could i go herping in my local petshop? i could like get a video camera and get my friend to film it, i would be like a urban steve irwin!(austrailian dude on animal planet chanel, aka the croc hunter) any tips on where to look?

snkmn
07-19-03, 05:33 PM
i would try looking among and under wood and card board and metal and just try looking at practical places for snakes to be and if no luck with that just try finding somebody that looks for snakes often and you might not find snakes close to your house i live in a urban area too so ihave my parents drive me to the local foot-hills and mountains about 10 miles away you might have to do thatto get to the good herping areas.
i hope that this helps,
snkmn

Bencb3
07-20-03, 12:27 AM
ill do that, but the thing about the find a dude who looks for snakes, all the people around me (or so i think) are nerds who are afraid of snakes, or jocks who......are afraid of snakes, ill find someone some day...hey this thread says it was started by my old name, cool

snkmn
07-20-03, 12:34 AM
hehe... yah there are alot of people with herpephobia but that is why God made people like us: HERPERS dum dum dum dummmmm