PDA

View Full Version : Shedding

Pythonian
07-02-02, 11:00 PM
I have had my Ball Python for about a month. and shes hmmm .. 13 inches? 14 maybe (I am estimating) And she hasn't even begun to show signs of shedding. I have seen her in the pet store for a while. I used to go play with her whenever I would get food for my corn snake. and i never saw shed skin or signs of shedding on her.
I am having the same exact problem with the corn snake but I have had him for 2 weeks longer then I have had Kali. How often should these snakes be shedding? I thought a snake so young as Kali, would shed at least once since i had her.
thank you.

sSNAKESs.com
07-03-02, 04:13 AM
snakes will shed when they are ready.. as long as shes feeding it isnt a problem.. When your BP's eyes turn blue that is when she is going to shed.. her eyes will clear up and she will shed 24 - 48 hours after that... mist her heavely after her eyes go back to normal so she can shed with ease...

Pythonian
07-05-02, 01:37 PM
Finally! Kali's eyes are blueish white!! and her skin is all flabby, i guess this means she is going to shed!, I put a wet papertowel by her waterbowl under the light, and I am going to let her be. is there anything else that i can do? and how long AFTER she is done shedding will it take until i can feed her and handle her?

Yve
07-05-02, 04:31 PM
Just keep the humidity up around 80% for a few days, however you choose, misting or moistening the ground. Put it back to 60% after the shed. I usually feed mine on the regular schedule or if you choose to avoid feeding during shed cycle then feed after the shed is done.