PDA

View Full Version : Housing corns togther?

Nicky
07-02-02, 08:19 AM
just wondering I have one cornsnake so far and If I was to get a bigger cage like a 40 gal or something would there be enough room to house two togther I know ther solitary animals but witha 40 or 50 gal I thought ther would be enough room for both of them. Also I've heard there olny caniblistic if one corns smaller than the other than they'll eat each other if you had two near the same size would it be save? For some of you who have lots of corns like simon and others how do you house all your corns any suggestions??

ReneeB
07-02-02, 08:57 AM
I house my Amel with either my male Anery [who is on a walkabout right now :( ] or my male Snow [where she is going after she eats 3 more times]. She has her own rubbermaid but seems to enjoy being with one of the boys :)

I've also got my two early 2001 girls together in a 20 gallon and they curl up together constantly.

I feed them all seperately and wash them off afterwards so they don't smell like food to the other one :)

Jotun
07-02-02, 05:33 PM
I know it's ok when they're juvenile but I'm not sure later on. The 3 corns at the store we have housed together and they seem fine and always huddle around each other... but remember that's just temporary housing

Matt
07-03-02, 08:47 AM
i have never had a problem keeping a couple corns together for a while, but like Jotun mentioned, it was only temp. housing.
Juvies are ok to house together, plus anything that you want to put together (at any age) must be a similar size

I think that they would generally prefer to be alone. Instead of getting a 40 g for two corns, I would go with two 20 g tanks.
Just my opinon :)