PDA

View Full Version : rare find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakehunter
06-24-03, 07:27 AM
i went herpin yester day, and caught some regulars, northerns painteds, and greens, but on my way home from a favorite placce i convinced my dad to stop on the side of the road to look under a peice of cardboard. it was a bow, so i lifted the top part to find a vibrant garter(24"), then i lifted up the box to find a creature that my region of the state is not supposed to have, a brown snake. this gorgeous guy was only 8 inches long, and the cutest little guy! just wanted to share.
-jacob

steelherper
06-24-03, 09:29 AM
cool find and how far away was it from its natural range. did you bring him to your DNR.:)

snakehunter
06-24-03, 09:38 AM
they have been found in near by counties, but none documented in Princewilliam county. this is my second brown, and im trying to contact some people who wrote a book about snakes in VA, and inform them of my finds. explain DNR.

Thomas
06-24-03, 09:49 AM
Nice finds! congrats!

steelherper
06-24-03, 01:12 PM
department of natural recorces

snkmn
07-19-03, 05:23 PM
nice i wish that i was as lucky as some of you guys on here with my herping the most i usualy find is toads lizards and sometimes 1-2 snakes i am hopeing to go more and then i will have more experiece on the herping trade and maybe i will find some kings gophers garters and coach whips among others