PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Aquarium?

Kase
06-23-03, 04:13 PM
What is your "Dream Aquarium"?... Mine would be a 200 gal long with silica sand substrate, a wall of lava rock, some daffodil brichardi, a colony of yellow head blue flash and some nice ventralis

marisa
06-23-03, 04:30 PM
My dream aquarium is one without algae.

LOL

Marisa

red bootz
06-23-03, 04:47 PM
big enough for a group of five Asian Arowanas-Scleropeges formosus (reds, golds, blues. I'll take 'em all), a few hi fin suckers and a little plastic air pump powered diver for decoration! Hey we can dream!

Zoe
06-23-03, 04:51 PM
Mine is one filled with a snake :)

XxRachxX
06-23-03, 04:53 PM
mine would be a huuuuge sexy marine tank:) with all live coral etc...with sexy piccasso triggerfish......because you need sexy fish to go with a sexy tank^_^ they are by far my fave fishies.......
sexy seems to be my sexy word of the day......

but if i wanted to be totally unrealistic....then i would go for one exactly the same as the one at the sea life centre over here.... it has one of those walk through tunnels, and the fish are so beautiful^_^ they even have turtles! its only been running a few months apparently....so alot of the fish were quite small..... it was so beautiful! im going again soon .... must..... take ....... camera!!
yeah.....

Shane Tesser
06-24-03, 04:05 AM
Id like one big enough to get into and swim around in.....kinda like this guy did!!! http://www.mr4000.com/ :D :D :D

marisa
06-24-03, 09:19 AM
OMG! that guy is nuts. Holy cow. What I want to know is why is he not naked like Duece Bigalow when he cleans aquariums????

LOL

Marisa

homebrewed
06-24-03, 10:41 AM
to many possibilities

1100gal
1 blue based RTG, 5 Wide bar datnoids, 4 leopoldi rays (1.3), 2 fly river turtle, lots of endilacheri bichirs, other assorted bichirs, 4 feng fei's, and a few guppies :p

thats just today, tomorrow i'd probably have a completely different setup

corr
06-24-03, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by homebrewed
thats just today, tomorrow i'd probably have a completely different setup

I haven't posted yet for that same reason... it keeps changing! :D

At one time it was a 180 with filled with Mbuna... it would still be nice.

Duncan
06-25-03, 12:10 AM
Decisions, Decisions . . .
One that comes to mind is about a 220+ gal with about a dozen full size altum angels (you know, the ones over a foot tall) and a few hundred feeder cardinals for the angels. A huge submerged tree branch for cover and a school of assorted cory cats on the bottom (C. reynoldsi, C. barbatus, C. aneus "laser green" etc.) Aahhh to dream!
Duncan

Youkai
06-25-03, 01:06 AM
For me...a 300 gallon tank or so...tons of driftwood and marsh plants, most coming out of the water. There'd be a school of archers, some orange chromides, and other brackish fish...

Bryce Masuk
06-25-03, 01:09 AM
I am in the process of making a 180 for a bunch of fronts
It should be killer...

corr
06-25-03, 06:16 AM
Sounds awesome Bryce!

Check this out...

http://www.seavisions.com/images/talfloorliftlarge.jpg :jawdrop:

homebrewed
06-25-03, 09:22 AM
thats a killer site. there are some really nice pics of that tank after the house is all finished. looks amazing

i'm not a huge fan of the fake rock work and coral, but it does hide the pipe work extremely well

SerpentLust
06-25-03, 09:29 AM
Hehe I'm no good with sizes, but mine would probably be built into the wall with coral and tropical fish in it...especially clown fish! And and and it has to be self cleaning, that would be sweet.

Jenn

Shane Tesser
06-25-03, 06:38 PM
Corr..where did you get that pic from? Thats wicked!!!

corr
06-26-03, 05:08 AM
Someone at Cichlid-forums.com posted it but it originated here - www.seavisions.com. Try not to drool on the keyboard! :)

Emily-Fisher
06-26-03, 05:16 AM
My dream aquarium would be a 200 long aquarium with a sand substrate. Inside there would either be:
A) Newts, frogs, water insects, other marsh animals
B) Sunfish, snails, frogs
C) Turtles, turtles, TURTLES!!

Like Youkai's dream aquarium, mine would have lots of marsh plants and driftwood. :D

vincenzo
06-28-03, 02:07 AM
dream aquarium ??? hmmmmm if money was no object then i would have to say i would like to turn an entire room into an aquarium with a seating area in the middle it would be populated with south american cichlids and i would swim in it every morning.
i don't think i would need a tv anymore then and that would be just fine with me :)

crazyboy
06-28-03, 06:48 PM
well i would want my v room to be a big aquarium tunnel with he entertainment center and couch in the middle. then fill the tank with lots of clownfish and sand and coral. and blatty blatty blah

Lizzy
06-29-03, 03:42 PM
Hmmm...what are those set-ups called where the tank is a terrarium and an aquarium in one?

My dream tank would involve a green house. The tank would be about 10'L, 10'W and 16'H. It's glass viewing area would be in the basement of my house, while the top portion would be the greenhouse. There would be 4' of water in the tank, along the basement window and extending into the rest of the area, with water plants, plants that grow out of the water, and fantastic fish swimming around. The rest would be a jungle. Dense live tropical plants, with finches and lizards in the foliage. Ofcourse, there would be an area for me to relax and enjoy my private jungle. I'll just have to find myself a Tarzan to complete the picture.

I can dream can't I?
Lizzy

corr
06-30-03, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Lizzy
Hmmm...what are those set-ups called where the tank is a terrarium and an aquarium in one?

They're called paludariums. :)

Darlene
06-30-03, 02:52 PM
mine would be salt-water with lots of coral, a tea-cup stingray & hermit crabs. haven't decided on the fish yet tho. hhhmmmmmm...........