PDA

View Full Version : Eggs?!

dank7oo
06-23-03, 02:37 PM
one of my dwarf panthers laid eggs about 1 month ago, and today i saw her digging again on the bottom ... at first i thought she had fell, and was injured, but then i looked agian and she was digging .. is it possible for her to be laying eggs again? just one month after she finished laying?

Charm_Paradise
06-24-03, 05:48 PM
Jason-

It is possible females can and do store sperm and can produce 1-3 clutches of eggs after breeding only one time, first time breeders normally only produce 1 clutch. However I don't know if they could produce eggs one month after laying, and eggs production is very hard on the female, make sure you are dusting her food every other day during this time. The article I posted for you above explains a little about conditioning the female before and after egg production. You will be able to tell if she has eggs she will be fat, and each clutch will increase in size (number of eggs). Dose she look gravid her body will look like a light bulb, if not then she may have a few eggs still in her and looking to deposit them. Can you see eggs or feel any in her, if so make sure they are deposited, if not she will die, a vet can offer drugs that can induce her to lay them, but doesn't always work! Good luck, how are the eggs doing?

dank7oo
06-24-03, 05:53 PM
the egss died :( it turns out they were not fertile after all ... she is just fat, and i think she was 'digging for fun' ... i felt her and she has no eggs ... so just plain fat - LOL

Charm_Paradise
06-24-03, 05:58 PM
Jason-

Soryy to hear, you need to find a male, better find a diffrent breeder for him!LOL Good luck!

Trace
06-24-03, 06:03 PM
Soryy to hear, you need to find a male, better find a diffrent breeder for him!

I'm working on it! I'd like to see Jason breed these little monsters up here. I think that would be the coolest!

Cheers!

Trace

dank7oo
06-24-03, 06:35 PM
thanks trace ... at this point i think a male will be my next cham i get ... i am so desperate to just incubate ANY eggs ... i was even thinking of straying off to getting 2 leos just to get the chance to hatch something - LMAO ... i just gotta pay my dad back the rest of the 900$ i owed him (down to 500$) and then save a little for school ... then buy a male :D next summer (hopefully) and then the following summer, hopefully add something cool to the colony :)