PDA

View Full Version : fish&plants

17730turtlegirl
06-20-03, 12:30 PM
i have 2 blue cories a few gold fish some red clouds and a pleco and gold danio does any one know what kind of plants i can put in my tank its a 27 gallon and i already know they eat sword plants like mad:confused:

17730turtlegirl
06-20-03, 12:32 PM
i also have a small red cap oranda and some shubunkins

corr
06-20-03, 02:29 PM
Java fern is supposed to be not very tastey. I have it in my goldfish tank now and they haven't touched it as of yet... not sure what a red cloud is...

17730turtlegirl
06-20-03, 03:44 PM
a red cloud is a small (1 inch) fish with a silvery stripe running from its head to its tail on both sides of its body and it has a red splotch (it starts at the base of the tail and looks like its sort of exploding to the other end of its tail)the same goes for its dorsal finand the tips of its other fins
theyre also called clouds but i dont know its scientific name

corr
06-20-03, 05:53 PM
Ahhh, I call them White Cloud Mountain Minnows. They're pretty huh! I have a few in my daughter's fire belly toad tank. Very easy to breed too! :)

Kase
06-20-03, 06:42 PM
Any Anubius species will take a beating from the gold fish so will java fern here is a like for aqurium plants:
http://tropical-fish.net/common_aquarium_plants.htm
Hope it helps

Kase

17730turtlegirl
06-23-03, 11:16 AM
thanx for the help but i think whitecloud mountain minnows are something differend however slightly oh well could be wrong ijust got 2 really pretty male guppies the other day one has its back end so black it looks like velvet (*hence his name black velvet) and his front half is silver the other one is all florecent and lepord spotted im just waiting to find some good females to breed to them