PDA

View Full Version : Repteriums

dank7oo
06-18-03, 01:49 PM
i know ther is a huge contriversy with whether or not you should use them! post here what you think of them in why!

i personally love it! is it large, easily transported, and great value!!!
i do have 2 problems however ... when i cut feed, some crix get loose, and go to town on the mesh (so i use ducttape! LOL
and my other issue is the zipper, and i have yet to have a problem with it, but i am just bleh about if it does break

JeffT
06-18-03, 03:11 PM
I think hey are a cool design. When I get chams I will use one of those. I will just need a couple foggers and I will need to spray them lots.

dank7oo
06-18-03, 05:01 PM
foggers?
what for?
i dont think they are necessary

Collide
06-18-03, 05:28 PM
Personally I think a home made inclosure is better, I just made a 6 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot inclosure for may male veiled and it only cost me $60 bucks in supplys and it will last me forever and it is fixable if something does go wrong. You can only have a reptarium for so long b4 it is unfixable and you have to go buy yourself a new one and end up spendin even more cash. Just My Opinion!

Zoe
06-18-03, 05:32 PM
Same... I like having home-made ones. They can climb the sides and it just gives them sooo much more to do.

Zoe

Tim and Julie B
06-18-03, 05:48 PM
I have six! No chams though I absolutely love them I have never had a problem. My oldest one is three years old. One of the two zippers stuck and that's it. Personally I would rather buy one then build a cage. If they get dirty you can wash them in a washing machine. They are easy to move come in a lot of sizes. Perfect.

wyz
06-19-03, 07:25 AM
Sorry for my ignorance... but what is a Repterium ??

Have any pics to show me ?

WYZ

Collide
06-19-03, 08:31 AM
This is a reptarium

http://www.u4iainteractive.com/cm/in500800%5b1%5d.jpg

JeffT
06-19-03, 09:26 AM
Well wouldn't you need a fogger to keep up humidity?

PS How much does a reptarium cost?

dank7oo
06-19-03, 09:52 AM
mt reparium is 4 feet high, 3 wide, and 2 deep ... and i think it cost me 200 cdn $ ... you do not need a fogger to keep the humidity up ... just make sure you spray enough
hope this helps
Jason

Pookie
06-19-03, 11:15 AM
I got my reptarium at bigappleherp.com and it was only around $40! Way cheaper than say petco! :) I'd recomend them! They're relativly cheap and easy! and i tie up the climbing brances w/ twist ties...it fits between the mesh! Who ever invented them is a genius! :) hehe!