PDA

View Full Version : Risk of hybrids......?

Youkai
06-27-02, 10:35 PM
Hi all,

I've recently become very interested in the little Corydoras habrosus. Our store got some in, and I was instantly in love...lol.

In any case, the ony tank I have that's suitable for them at the moment has Corydoras pygmaeus in it. Is there a risk the two species will breed? I'm somewhat of a purest...and the idea of making hybrids in my own tank is unsettling. ;)

Shane Tesser
06-28-02, 03:52 PM
I think that there is always somewhat of a risk with any species, but breeding them.......can't say ive ever tried, i always have a few dozens in about every tank, but, ive never managed, i believe their fairly tricky, or perhaps my tanks are missing that one little thing that will make them comfortable enought. Hey, if something happens, ill be glad to take them off your hands, lol, purest huh, i hope that doesn't mean you prefer wild caught fish only.......don't put me mad, lol. I know what your getting at, on one of the threads we had a little bit of a debate about this, i won't repeat it, not here, not now, i'll just put my neck out on a limb here and say i welcome hybrids, but only hybrids that you create yourself and keep...not sell to stores, or give away etc. Any how, im babbling, c'ya, s.t.

Youkai
06-29-02, 12:05 AM
I understand what you mean! I can see where it would be incredibly interesting if you intended to keep them all. But I can't, and I wouldn't want to feed them to my brackish tank...lol...