PDA

View Full Version : was burnt pretty bad

mosammy121
06-27-02, 08:42 AM
just thought i'd share a scary story w/you guy's.Well my first exp w/a bp was a nightmare,i was actually looking to buy an iguana,but fell in love w/ this BP so took it home and bought all i needed to make him comfy except for a heat pad so i called a buddy that works at a pet supply place and asked him to get me 1,turns out that it was defective and my snake got burned pretty bad.Being that i just got him and i was told to leave'em be i didn't know that he was uh?basically cooking.so 1 day i decided to take him out and saw proly the nastiest burn on an animal i have ever seen his skin coming apart down the middle like i took a hot knife and tried to gut him aw man it was sooooooo bad he looked like he'd come aprart if i grabbed him the wrong way.mind you i already had him for 2wks(almost)so i (in a flash got him to a vet where he gave him a shi#load of IV and burn cream along w/a months worth of antibiotics which i had to inject him w/every other day (and boy was i queezy)i nearly past out i hate needles. i didn't trust my girl friend to do it,so i did it.buy the looks of him i thought he was dead for sure,but very happy to say he/we lived and he is 100%.

sorry for the long story,but it sucks when you tell it to ppl who don't have snakes. :D

Darren Hamill
06-27-02, 08:53 AM
Success stories are always great! Thank you for sharing....... :)

mosammy121
06-27-02, 09:55 AM
not bad for my first snake and first snake emergency huh.*pats self on back*

Darren Hamill
06-27-02, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by mosammy121
not bad for my first snake and first snake emergency huh.*pats self on back*

Good Job! :D ;) :D ;)

mosammy121
06-27-02, 10:51 AM
thanx.i'm glad i could share my story w/ppl who care everyone else i told just looked at me like (so it's a snake). :mad:

Dom
06-27-02, 09:17 PM
I feel ya!

Good for you! ..

More than half my animals have thos sad but succesfull sotry attach to them .. makes u appreciate them more after .. also gets you really attcched to them

Dom