PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha...not really "Field Herping"....

Jeff_Favelle
06-15-03, 11:37 PM
But I almost snagged this guy at the Vancouver Aquarium! But he was too fast, so I got a picture instead. Man, if I was retired and had nothing to do, I would build greenhouses and outdoor pens and have thousands of these dudes flying around (as well as water dragons and collared lizards)...

http://members.shaw.ca/galleryb/Vancouver%20Aquarium.jpg

Mike177
06-15-03, 11:47 PM
thats cool dont know much about lizzards but cool

Jeff_Favelle
06-15-03, 11:57 PM
Hey Mikey, its a Basilisk. (A.K.A. Jesus Christ lizard). Its a South American iguanid that can run across water on 2 legs and comes in many subspecies. The green, double-crested ones are considered the epitomy of the genus. They are way cool. They are not for the inexperienced however. I don't own any, but I used to breed Chinese Water Dragons which have similar care (sort of). They are pretty cool too.

Leo-Land
06-16-03, 12:12 AM
My CWD used to run around on it's hind legs when I scared it! hahaha! I love those guys.

Jeff_Favelle
06-16-03, 12:33 AM
They are way cool lizards! Its just sad that they aren't appreciated more and given bigger enclosures. There's no money in breeding them, but they are the closest things to owning a dinosaur in my opinion!!

Vanan
06-16-03, 10:12 AM
Hey! You came to the mainland and never said hi?! lol

Glad to see you enjoyed the Aquarium.

reptilez
06-16-03, 10:15 AM
there sweet lizards, they had one in a car commercial. I think it was a Suzuki commercial.

Jeff_Favelle
06-16-03, 10:44 AM
Ha ha, Vanan, believe me, it wasn't a planned trip!

Christina
06-16-03, 10:54 AM
I can relate to them not being appreciated.
I was in a local pet store one day and a man brought in a Baslik and just handed it over to the owner.
One thing I can be happy about is the fact that he had enough sense to take it to somewhere that knew what they were doing instead of passing on and on. We all know that scenario from stories or knowing of someone like that.
Well that is another topic.
Beautiful Pic love it. I cannot wait untill we get a big enough facillity to accomadate those beauts.
Christina