PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow phase" Abanja Panther Cham

telecomandy
06-15-03, 07:46 PM
I have a pair of Rainbow Abanja panther chams and I'm wondering how big they're supposed to be at full growth. Mine are about 9 months old and are about the size of a 6 month Veiled. Is this normal for sizing or is there more to the story. I have had Panthers before and wasn't sure if it's a growth problem or just normal sizing for this breed......:confused:

Zoe
06-15-03, 08:00 PM
Panthers are a lot smaller than veileds. My female is about 9-10 cms from nose to vent, and my male is about 14-15 cms.

telecomandy
06-16-03, 12:42 PM
I understand that panthers are naturally smaller than veileds. I used to have a nosybe a few yrs ago and he was about that size at 1yr of age. The two I have now are 10 months and no where near that size..... probably 4" (9cm) for the male and smaller still for the female..... this is what I'm wondering...

beth wallbank
06-16-03, 01:36 PM
panthers are naturally smaller of some of the species, but there are sooo many subspecies and locals of panthers, so it is difficult to make a generalized guess for you about the size. Is 4" with the tail? or s/v length? Lights, environment, diet also play alot of determination of the health and well-being for all herps. Generally, with chameleons, they do not reach full growth size until after a year anyways, but it does sound like yours are small for the age. But like I said, there are a variety of panthers and their locales, so anything is possible.

telecomandy
06-18-03, 09:50 AM
Thank you Beth. Mine are 4" nose to vent. The lighting and caging are all proper (UV bulb and heat lamp) and their diets are composed of crickets, super worms,