PDA

View Full Version : stupid people trying to kill a baby copperhead...

TardGirl
06-13-03, 10:35 PM
Me and my family went to a creek yesterday to go swimming. There were these people on the other side of the creek and they were like '' look there is a snake in the water'' they tried to catch it and i guess they were going to kill it but the snake started to swim over on our side of the creek. So i went over to it and it turned out to be a baby copperhead, the people on the other side of the creek were saying stuff like that stupid girl is going to get bit, I think they thought that it was funny. I'm just glad that they did not get a hold of it cause they would of killed it. I hate to see it when people go into the woods and find like a copperhead or something and then they will kill it, were going into there homes and bugging them, they don't ask to be there when someone get's the bright idea to kill them all because there feared. ok sorry for going on like that it just makes me mad when people act like that. Well i also found a queen snake that day to, she was so cute. I'm just glad the other peolpe there did not see her :(

ThEmAdHaTtEr
06-13-03, 10:48 PM
People like that ruin and give a bad name to our awesome hobby. People need to realize, if we didn't have snakes everyone would have a HUGE rodent problem. Its a good thing that thing swam away. :(. People need to get a life and stop messing with snakes, they are LIVING BREATHING LIVES, not something to be played with and thrown around. Yep. Enough for tonight.

Mike177
06-13-03, 11:26 PM
people are kinda stupid and ignorint,
if people think they will be killed by an anamal then they should not F**K with it but just enjoy observeing these butiful anamals from a short distance. but i remember allllllllllllllllllong time ago when i was yong and kid came up to me and my dad and some of my freinds and there dads (it was indian guides if anyone has heard of it) and said Look my dad cut his head off as if to be proud of what his dad did and i remember my dad and some of the other dads look down shake there heads and say "stupid" my dad realy dosent like snakes at all i dont know why but now that i look back on it , it makes me relize that you shouldnt just kill an anamal just because you dont like but every anamal has just as much a right to live as the nexed NO MATTER WHAT THEY CAN DO!!! i dont think people should kill rattlesnakes just because they are around there house but i rather see that then people who go out of there way and thats my rant

Mike177
06-13-03, 11:27 PM
when he said it, it was a copperhead

garterguy
06-14-03, 03:56 PM
yeah when i went ot a family reunion we went to a lake and one of my cousins started stomping on a copperhead,i push him over and put the snake in the water and it turned out my cousin had gotten bit in the foot but the copperhead was just a baby too.serves him right.

iguanarob
04-20-04, 10:17 PM
In today society which is a most unfornate one. To many people live by the rule a good snake is a dead one. I just cannot fathom the ignorance when I hear that statement. You know what I tell those people that if it were'nt for that snake you may have a house full of rodents. If it were'nt for that snake a rodent in your house could do thousands of dollars worth of damage (ie.. eating you electrical wires throughout your house, or dieing inside the walls of your house and stinking up them place.) Now some people might say a venomous snake could cause death. Well I tell them that 99% of the people bitten buy snakes are usually being stupid and trying to pick them up. Those are the people who get bit. So I hope that anyone who understands that snakes are'nt the problem, stupid humans that say stupid things are. Will hopefully spread the facts to ignorant lunatics that like to kill these helpless animals. I'm done with my rant.

dcboas
04-22-04, 05:57 AM
People I work with think I am a nut ,I enjoy my 1:1 columbians and they are part of the family.I figured out when we moved to a more undeveloped area there would be more flora and fauna to incounter.I have gotten large vipers here and taken them to a more safe place away from public areas and my children.They were here before all of us and have every right to live as we do.

Darren179
04-22-04, 06:13 AM
I am not a big fan of squirells but do I go out and kill them? if I did would it be on the news? most likely, because its a poor defensless squirell and big bad snakes do not have feelings

reptiguy123
04-24-04, 04:30 PM
I'm so angry, I don't know what to say!

Nicky
04-25-04, 06:52 PM
Thats horrible, Some people are so ignorant, i had a friend who went herping and found a bunch of jerks playing catch with a garter snake. I wanted to puke and punch this stupid guys face when he saw me catch a garter and asked on how I was gonna kill it.*shakes head* some people will never learn, as long as its not cute and furry and can't scream in pain/fear as they chop its head off with a shovel they could care less.
Kayla

snakebite33
05-01-04, 01:25 PM
all of you are right. I hate people that kill/harass snakes for pleasure just because they hear rumors. :mad:

anacondaman
05-05-04, 09:44 PM
i hate people that harass any animal...people think that animals are the enemy...wut people dont relize is we r animals too and the only animal of real danger is ourselves...wer gonna kill out all our beautiful animals and our resources..and then wer done for...if i saw someone hurtin that poor copperhead..they better wish the snake gets to them first because id seriously have a bone to pick (unless they were bigger than me of course:))

adam