PDA

View Full Version : Breeding pair of Coastal Taipans

MudBoy
06-07-03, 06:49 AM
I have a lovely pair of coastal Taipans that I had to sell of not long ago because of ill health, mine not the snakes and you would not believe how hard it was to find a good home for them. A fine pair in perfect condition with full history but the only people I could find that wanted them were idiots that just wanted them for a ***** extension. You know the type I mean? The "Ive got a deadly snake" type. They knew nothing about them nor wanted to learn, just wanted to get em home.
As luck would have it they went to a private zoo and are now housed in a wonderful 12ftx 10ft glass room and have a full time handler to spoil them so I sleep well at night.

What is it about snakes that can kill that brings the idiots out of the wood work. These were big snakes with the male at 9ft and the girl at 7ft and they can strike 2/3rds the length of the body so its not the sort of thing you give to anyone and yet these fools were all but fighting over them. I just cant figure it out.
Oh well im sad for loosing them but im happy they are being well cared for.
Heres a pic
Cheers Rick.

dlucka
06-07-03, 07:02 AM
They look nice!!! That's bather not to let go those snake to a "I got a hot snake!!" It's probable that you save his life and the snake life.

Mustangrde1
06-07-03, 07:03 AM
Mud great pictures and my hats off to you for not making the quick buck but getting them the best possible new home.It is people like you that do us all justice .Thanks againfor carring more about the animal than the buck.

Scott

MudBoy
06-07-03, 07:07 AM
Thanks guys, now all I have to do is find homes for 2 king browns, some tiger snakes, a big red belly black and a bunch of death adders!!!
Wish I could send em over to you guys where they would be loved but something will come up im sure.

Matt
06-07-03, 07:42 AM
wow, you have quite the collection of aussie hots.....sorry you have to part with 'em

BWSmith
06-07-03, 01:41 PM
Very beautiful. Sorry you have to part with them.

Jeff_Favelle
06-07-03, 02:47 PM
Those things look smart. Actually, all hots seem smart and alert to me. They are more advanced it seems.

Good job on finding the home for them. Those must have been impressive snakes man!

:D

Colonel SB
06-07-03, 06:49 PM
I love the red one its awsome.

MudBoy
06-08-03, 05:11 AM
Yeah guys it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do!! Im sure you all know what its like, even though they will kill ya in a minute you still love em to bits.
I have a nice red tiger here that is as rare as chicken lips and just the nicest snake you can think of! He will sit with me and watch TV for hours and soak up my body heat and not even blink but put a BIG rat in his cage and one hit and it is dead in 9 secs!! timed it for years on video and its average is 9 secs till total death!! And I mean BIG *** rats !! 400 grams "or pound rats " and BANG!! 9 secs!!!! DEAD!!!
Heres a pic of him and for those that know, yes it is a true RED tiger snake.

oh bugga !! I cant post a photo from here. ok it will follow.

Cheers.

Rick.

MudBoy
06-08-03, 05:15 AM
lets try that again