PDA

View Full Version : what a tragic week its been....

XxRachxX
06-07-03, 06:17 AM
ive had and awful week......most of the reasons arent relevant so.....i guess theres no use putting them here!!
first of all on wednesday one of my female gouramis died....she looked perfectly healthy and my readings are not too bad either....
on friday Dr. Sydney my sturgeon died.... its been really hot and the oxygen pump broke....he was floating around in the water gasping for air, that was a few days ago... we fixed the pump and sydney was fine. But he died yesterday.
My dad put his little body on the side of the pond and i guess he forgot about him:eek: and i went outside and found him lying there with flies on him.........i was MORTIFIED! not a nice way to find him:(
all the other fish are still doing brilliantly!! both in the tank and the pond.... thank god...

RIP lil dude and dudette!

MartinW
06-07-03, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your losses:( Last month I lost a zebra danio, a tiger barb, and a mystery snail. I couldn't find a trace of the fish so I'm assuming their corpses were eaten by the other fish. I found half of the snail at one end of the tank, it was probably gutted by one of the fish (I'm guessing a tiger barb). I thought this could be a sign that I'm under-feeding them but I am feeding them a lot. I've also been plagued by dreams about my fish dying, or my geckos and gecko eggs dying. Apart from that everything is great though! And I'm really excited about trying to breed another fish!

Martin

XxRachxX
06-08-03, 06:12 AM
i think my gourami died from not eating......the swordtails i have eat all the food in seconds......and i dont think the other fish really get much.....plus theyve been a little reclusive....the males and the other fem are swimming about acting normal....she would just hide out behind the filter.......

Thomas
06-08-03, 06:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that Rach