PDA

View Full Version : damn thouse crickets

memento
06-23-02, 03:14 PM
ello all quick question.... I'm new with keeping reptiles and I picked up a critter keeper or something along thouse lines that I figured woudl hold the crickets in there... i put in some egg carton pieces and a peice of potatoe I have two containers one for mealies and one for crickets... well on friday night a cricket got out of the keeper.. i looked at it and saw no where i thought they coudl get out... the grate on the lid that lets the air in i thought was to small for them to get out... yesterday there was another escapee and one went from the cricket one and ended up somehow in the mealworm one??? I have NO clue how they did that as i cant even figure out how they get out let alone back in... whats the *best* way to keep crickets so they dont get away like this?

Grant vg
06-23-02, 04:19 PM
i find its good when a few get out.....it keeps the cats busy...:)

Sorry, i cant be of much help.

jason h
06-23-02, 04:43 PM
lol sorry i cant help either but at night i just close my i and pretend im campin under the stars while there chirpin all over the house LOL.
you could try puttin them in something higher so they cant even jump to the top.

Grant vg
06-23-02, 07:13 PM
Roy stockwell once reccomended keeping crickets in high rubbermaids with no lid....all he did was put duck tape all around the edges with the sticky side facing inwards and over top...if u can understand what i'm trying to say....

memento
06-23-02, 07:25 PM
heh thanks for the input :P

I couldnt belive it when i went to my freinds and he told me some had escaped... heh at least its not at my house LOL
mind you i soooo cant wait till i can bring em home.. damn mother.. lets me have man eating fish.. a crazy ferret but wont let me keep a gecko at home cause it reminds her to much of a snake ugh.... soon soon enough i wil have it here though
and hopefully by then a better way of keeping crickets heh